What's new

Bulletproof coffee anyone?

I make my own version of bulletproof coffee with espresso, grass fed butter and coconut oil. Awesome stuff. Anyone make this or some other version of it?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Yes. The usual recipe is butter, MCT oil, a bit of cocoa, a bit of monkfruit sweetener, and sometimes a dash of cinnamon and turmeric.

Oh, and coffee from a Moka Pot.

There are many recipes for bulletproof coffee...it was originally popularized by the keto crowd as a breakfast replacement drink consisting of black coffee and good fats. The basic recipe is grass fed butter and MCT oil as mentioned above, but other recipes add different ingredients....also as noted above. I find it a refreshing drink once in a while. Sometimes when I get a really nice coffee I like it because it really focuses on the taste of the coffee. Black coffee alone is not my thing, I need something to provide a bit of a buffer.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I had it once downtown, it was very rich and filling, it was good? I remember mind having "mct oil" and butter and.. did it have flax something? I don't remember. I saw it on the board overhead and was like "huh... interesting, im in".

I first heard of (and tried) "butter coffee" in Ethiopia. It was a very strange idea to me at the time. I better understand now why people drink it and how it works. I don't drink it often, but have friends who swear by it. My favorite version includes espresso, coconut oil and ghee.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I did Kerry Gold and coconut oil in when Dave Avery first started promoting it. I never really enjoyed the dry mouthfeel of it. My eating style naturally leans towards intermittent fasting, so the idea appealed to me, but I haven't made it in years. If I feel I do need a quick hit in the morning before working out I'll eat a scoop of coconut oil off the spoon.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I did Kerry Gold and coconut oil in when Dave Avery first started promoting it. I never really enjoyed the dry mouthfeel of it.

I know what you mean.

I find myself adding some monkfruit sweetener and some cocoa as well to counteract that.

My eating style naturally leans towards intermittent fasting, so the idea appealed to me, but I haven't made it in years.

It's a good way to help a ketogenic diet, which also goes hand-in-hand with intermittent fasting and time-restricted eating. I see people online who try to claim that "bulletproof coffee doesn't break a fast" ... or trying to convince themselves of that ... and that makes me chuckle. As it 600 calories doesn't break a fast!

It's certainly a good way to get one's calories and stay in ketosis ... which certainly helps with the fasting as well ... but it's not fasting.

(Sorry ... bit of a soapbox diatribe there ... wasn't earned at the good Commander ... just an opportunity to vent.)

usually espresso touch a cream sometimes use MCT butter or various combos but always espresso cream
I do sometimes like the whole espresso cream MCT and butter as it makes a really solid base for a longer OMAD and keeps me going for a long time

I do OMAD most days but am open to eating if I need to after my main meal and do carnivore
57yr old 5'11" and 175lbs flat gut ripped and had gotten out of shape from when I was younger :) hahahaha so its working for me never felt better no more issues of knee or morning fog truly life changing but a do what works for you no worries kinda person :)

I make my own version of bulletproof coffee with espresso, grass fed butter and coconut oil. Awesome stuff. Anyone make this or some other version of it?

I drink it in the winter when the weather is cool and TJ's coconut oil is great in it. Have not tried butter though, that sounds good.

Top Bottom