What's new

Bulk Purchasing: Cheapest vendors

Gentlemen,

I thought it might be a good idea to construct a list of cheapest bulk vendors for each brand of razor blades. You can contribute by replying with a specific brand of razor blade and the cheapest vendor you know. After some time we should have a convenient list of vendors.

I have just re-read the B&B forum rules, and I think it's OK to post links to websites other than auction websites. This means NO links to eBay auctions. From what I understand of the forum terms and conditions it is fine to post a link to your own website.

I'll update this post frequently with the cheapest vendors. If you happen to have information about shipping fees, please add them to your post.

I consider a pack of 100 blades to be a bulk purchase. B&B forum members can be recommended as well, if the member is OK with being on this list.

-------------------------------
The list:

Astra Keramik: Melyus (B&B member) at $19/100

Astra Superior Platinum: Barber Depot at $11/100 and $100/1000
BullGooseShaving (B&B member) at $15/100
Sabledog (B&B member) at $16/100
WestCoastShaving at $18/100
Melyus (B&B member) at $19/100

Astra Superior Stainless: Melyus (B&B member) at $19/100

BIC: Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $13.99/100
WestCoastShaving at $19.75/100

Croma Diamant: Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $22/100
dridiot (B&B member) at $22/100
Crystal: WestCoastShaving at $12/100

Derby: BullGooseShaving (B&B member) at $15/100
Melyus (B&B member) at $18/100
WestCoastShaving at $20/100
The Shaving Factory: at $22/100, additional 100 blades for $8 (e.g. $94/1000). Free shipment.

Dorco ST-300: Dark's Blade Supply (eBay Shop) at $5.75/100 (actually $23/400)
WestCoastShaving at $8/100

Dorco ST-301: Dark's Blade Supply (eBay Shop) at $5.50/100 (actually $10.99/200)
Barber Depot at $9/100
WestCoastShaving at $12/100

Feather: Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $23/100 (Black Packs!)
dridiot (B&B member) at $30/100
BullGooseShaving (B&B member) at $38/100 (SALE)
WestCoastShaving at $40/100

Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (Yellow Pack): WestCoastShaving at $34/100

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green Pack): Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $13.79/100
dridiot (B&B member) at $22/100

Gillette Super Thin: Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $14/100

Kai: Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $25/100
Aneurysm (B&B member) at $36/100 (actually $9/25)
dridiot (B&B member) at $38/100 and $70/200

Lord Super Stainless: BullGooseShaving (B&B member) at $16.50/100
Merkur: WestCoastShaving at $45/100
Israeli Personna 'Original' (White/Blue packaging): Dark's Blade Supply (eBay Shop) at $7.50/100

Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red Pack): Dark's Blade Supply (eBay Shop) at $8.99/100
WestCoastShaving at $10/100

Sharp: WestCoastShaving at $15.50/100

Shark Super Chrome: Melyus (B&B member) at $16.50/100 (Super Stainless!)
Amazon at $17/100. Free shipment for orders > $25 CONUS.
BullGooseShaving (B&B member) at $20/100 (actually $10/50)

SuperMax Platinum: Double Edge Shaving Place (B&B member dridiot's eBay Shop) at $14.99/100
Treet Dura Sharp: Melyus (B&B member) at $16.50/100

Wilkinson Sword: WestCoastShaving at $44/100 (actually $22/50)
Barber Depot at $44/100 (actually $22/50)

Wilkinson Sword (Economy?): Melyus at $27/100
Zorrik Super Stainless: BullGooseShaving (B&B member) at $17/100

Last edited:
I just made my first 100-blade purchase from WestCoastShaving. They charge $10 for 100 of the Israeli Red-Pack Personnas.
In looking at blades, I tend to discount thinking about Merkur and Feather blades as they're both more expensive than other brands. I was going to explore a whole range of blades, but I discovered I liked the RP blade. Then, each time I tried something else that didn't measure up, I thought, "why bother?"
Anyway, I can't imagine buying more than 100 blades at a time. I did get two packs of different blades (Wilkinson and 7:00) for when the spirit moves me. Shipping isn't an issue....I can ALWAYS think of other "gotta haves" to put me over the $80 free shipping barrier!

Derbys: Shaving Factory starts higher at $22/100, but you can add an extra 100 for $8 more ($30/200), and other discounts apply to larger orders (e.g., $60/500). The kicker is that shipping is free, and they used to have a B&B discount (I didn't check; they still might).

Derbys: Shaving Factory starts higher at $22/100, but you can add an extra 100 for $8 more ($30/200), and other discounts apply to larger orders (e.g., $60/500). The kicker is that shipping is free, and they used to have a B&B discount (I didn't check; they still might).
That's a great deal indeed. It would be $94 for 1000 blades with free shipment. Thanks! :w00t:

EDIT: Added some new brands and vendors. The list is getting quite comprehensive, but I still need your help on some good deals!

Last edited:
So funny that this would be posted today... I was thinking what a great thing this would be to have! :w00t: Thanks for thinking of it sooner and getting it up and doing the work Gringo! :thumbup:

So funny that this would be posted today... I was thinking what a great thing this would be to have! :w00t: Thanks for thinking of it sooner and getting it up and doing the work Gringo! :thumbup:
No problem at all, sir! :biggrin:

Added more blades: Astra Keramik, Treet Dura Sharp... I need help with the Wilkinson Blades on Melyus website. Does anyone happen to know what they're called? They look different from the normal Wilkinson blades, but I'm sure if they're the Economy packs I came across once.

I still need your help with expending the list. I'm sure there are gentlemen around who can help me with some incredible deals :wink2:

Can you post links to eBay stores? A couple members have eBay stores from where they sell blades.
I think this is allowed. The forum terms state that we "should avoid posting links to live auctions". If we were to make a seperate thread for every auction, B&B would be flooded. A list of eBay stores owned by B&B members in a single thread is not a problem, I think. I do not know about any of these stores, so I need your help.

Would it be possible to also list the same for Single Edge and Injector blades?
Yes, of course! I don't own any Single Edge or Injector razors, and I'm not aware of prices on the blades. I definitely need your help on this.

Derby:
The Shaving Factory: at $22/100, additional 100 blades for $8 (e.g. $94/1000). Free shipment.

I made a purchase for 200 blades through the shaving factory on the 15th of July. Still haven't received them. When I look on my account page there it still says "processing". I emailed them asking them for tracking or a confirmation that the package was sent out last week with no reply yet. Just sent another email today asking. The hubby is about out of blades and may need to resort to his electric if I don't get him some soon. :mad3:

I made a purchase for 200 blades through the shaving factory on the 15th of July. Still haven't received them. When I look on my account page there it still says "processing". I emailed them asking them for tracking or a confirmation that the package was sent out last week with no reply yet. Just sent another email today asking. The hubby is about out of blades and may need to resort to his electric if I don't get him some soon. :mad3:
I'm sorry to hear that, Krissy. Keep us posted on how your order turns out. I don't think we want bad vendors on the list... :mad3:

Will do, hope it's just a mistake which happens from time to time. With so many orders sometimes one gets overlooked. Maybe mine was it...... But I'll keep you posted in a factual manner. I'm not bashing them, but just keeping to the facts.

I decided to give them a quick call to ask for some information about my order. They wanted to know the item number and told me quickly they would email me with the answers, they need to look it up. I was on the phone under 1 minute. They were quick to hang up. I added in I placed my order (very politely I might add since you catch more flies with honey) on July 15 and he once again was quick to respond with they would get back to me by the end of the day and hung up.

Next order will be with bullgoose. Ok.... i'm placing an order with him on Friday, since he has some other stuff I want.... no make that need.... ok it's a want but who's asking. When I looked at his site before I noticed the link for sample packages but failed to read down below he carried them by the 100's.... my BIG mistake. And hubby seems to really like the Derby's for now. Wished I had ordered there 1st.....

But I for one am really super glad to see this thread because it tells others, newbies like myself where to go to get their blades. (and who has the best prices) Then while they are on the site they can fill in the gaps with the other items they want and need and save on shipping.

Can you post links to eBay stores? A couple members have eBay stores from where they sell blades.

I think this is allowed. The forum terms state that we "should avoid posting links to live auctions". If we were to make a seperate thread for every auction, B&B would be flooded. A list of eBay stores owned by B&B members in a single thread is not a problem, I think. I do not know about any of these stores, so I need your help.

PM sent.

Their sales are BIN only (no auctions) with multiple items available, so these should be within the guidelines.

Should this read, "actually $10/50"?
You're right. I will correct it. Thanks.

PM sent.

Their sales are BIN only (no auctions) with multiple items available, so these should be within the guidelines.
Thanks a lot for the links. The prices in both shops blew me away!

I added some new blades (Gillette SuperThin, SuperMax, Israeli Personna) and updated the prices.

Top Bottom