What's new

Building my shave den

I have the 34c and it was the only razor I had the first couple years of wet shaving. It is still in my den and it is a great razor. Try Sudsy Soapery, and L&L grooming. Super slick great performing soaps.

Arko soap, cheap and very effective. Or Cella, it's very slick and smells good too. Mekur 34 is expensive for what you get. RazoRock Mission to me is a better option and deal. Use that money saved for a scuttle or mug.

The Merkur 34c, EJ DE89 with Extra Grip are a bit more aggressive than the VDH razor and better made. Razor Rock Mission is another good choice. Also look at Parker razors they are a big improvement in quality, I like their Variant an Adjustable and the R91 (on the aggressive side) The Future is an Aggressive razor IMO it continues where the Progress left off.
As for soaps, Cella is a fantastic soap, the kilo lasted me for over 2 years (@ $37 a kilo, equals out to about $1.50 per month) I just cut off a piece, press into my bowl and wrap and refrigerate the rest, I also like Col. Conk in various scent's, There are many Artisan soaps that run $10-12. Check out some of B&B's dealers.

The artisans and/or big name makers that I have found offer me the best protection, slickness and offer the best post shave feel are as follows, I own atleast 1 scent from each:
Mike's Natural
Stirling
Wholly Kaw
B & M
Tabac
Fine Accoutrements
Saponificio Varesino
Mickey Lee
L & L
Stone Cottage cream
Penhaligon's cream
Musgo Real cream or puck
Nuavia
Valobra made soaps (Czech & Speake, Valobra, Art of Shaving tallow soaps)
Haslinger Schafmilch

Sudsy Soapery is a great performer their scents just don't do it for me

Top Bottom