What's new

Building a Cream Stable

I've decided that creams agree with me much better than soaps. The scent variety doesn't hurt either.

I've also decided that I want four creams with five distinct scents.

Here is my scent list:

Mint/Menthol
Pine
Lavender
Citrus
Something Unique

What do you guys have in mind? I'm leaning QCS Vostok, Fitjar Fjellheim (had the soap a while ago and didn't care for the performance but the scent was perfect), AOS Lavender, and.... I don't know.

I am, of course, open to input. I'm not too worried about price as I will be buying them in a spread out fashion while I use the massive quantity of stuff I just bought...

Here are some good ones that I love - Em's Place, LaToja, Prairie Creations, Gada,Palmolive (European), Phyto, Speick, Connaught, Cyril Salter, Eshave, Ingrams, Musgo Real

Thanks for the list

I actually have some Cyril Salter Sublime Citrus on the shelf right now, my fiance loves it :biggrin1:

CF lavender (the best), Proraso, AOS lemon are a good start in my book. All are can't misses really unless there is some ingredient that doesn't play well with ya.

Mint/Mentol = Proraso or Ingram
Citrus = Cyril R Salter Essential Lime or Dettol Citrus
Lavender = Not a clue, I don't really dig lavender
Pine = again no idea
Unique = Body Shop Macca root, great lather with a wholly unique scent, I can't think of anything similar.

For lavender, perhaps TOBS.
For unique, TOBS rose, GFT coconut and/or GFT violet.
Why doesn't a sandalwood appear in your question?

Meh, I'm not much of a sandalwood or flower fan.

Maybe I will go ahead and repurchase the T&H sampler. I remember liking a lot of those while the Trumper's didn't really do it for me.

I have enjoyed a few TOBS though...

Meh, I'm not much of a sandalwood or flower fan.

Maybe I will go ahead and repurchase the T&H sampler. I remember liking a lot of those while the Trumper's didn't really do it for me.

I have enjoyed a few TOBS though...

Can't go wrong with T&H (I always say:001_smile)

Mint/Menthol ~ :001_huh: no clue
Pine ~ :001_huh: no clue
Lavender ~ AOS Lavendar
Citrus ~ eShave Lime Verbena
Something Unique ~ Speik

Hey 3 out of 5 - good enough for gubmint work :lol:

You need NancyBoy in there. You could classify it as Mint/Menthol (though there isn't a menthol kick) or as Something Unique since you can use it brushless if you need to.

For Lavender TOBS Lavender is great! for $$ it's hard to beat I have not tried CF lavender buit I have the lime and it's amazing.

I just got the La Toja Shave cream it smells great, I dont know about menthol scent but I think proraso smells pretty good. those 2 make very good lather.

I also have florena that might be like a citrus scent but that cream is close to impossible to find out side Europe.

Menthol/Eucalyptus - Santa Maria Novella
Citrus - Castle Forbes Lime or Acqua Di Parma
Lavender - Castle Forbes Lavender
Pine - Penhaligon's English Fern or Blenheim Bouquet
Unique - Acca Kappa or Valobra shave stick

Top Bottom