What's new

BUFFALO RAZOR/RAZOR BLADES

Hi all,

Today I attended an Antique Show and purchased (my fifth in six weeks) GEM Micromatic Open Comb Razor. In addition to the Razor was a bunch of loose items (Blades in Boxes, a Gillette Metal Blade container which had a mess of used Blades). Once home, I examined this
hodgepodge of blades. Of interest was some type of "Single Edge" Blade unfamiliar to me
(not too surprising being rather new here at B&B). Of the half dozen (loose) SE blades only on one of them could I make out letters/word : BUFFALO. A quick Google search and I found :

safety razor vintage Buffalo safety razor outfit • $6.90

proxy.php

I take it that BUFFALO was both a RAZOR & BLADE Company ?

Questions, are the BUFFALO Razors and Blades any good and worth owning ?
Are the BLADES still available ?

Well, I have 1/2 dozen of these (I suspect) used (perhaps NOS) Buffalo Blades and I THINK I know where I might be able to purchase the Buffalo Razor (on the cheap). So, I ask the good Folks of B&B Single Edge Page, might it be worth owning/using the Buffalo Razor ?
Thanks for your thoughts/suggestion/recommendations.

SixCats!

Last edited:
@aldomarino , lol Aldo. This is the entire point of my thread. I basically know little (to nothing) about Larkin.
I believe they made their Razors in BUFFALO N.Y. Per @Twelvefret , I too have seen the Ebay listings for the Larkin/Buffalo Razors. I like look of this Razor! However, I suspect it's impossible (I hope I'm wrong) finding the "Single Edge" Blades required for this "Larkin/Buffalo" Razor. Aldo, if you read my OP, you'll see that I purchased some Blades today and, five of those Blades (oddly, only ONE marked BUFFALO) appear to be designed for this "Larkin" Razor. If I want to get totally NUTZ, I could purchase a "Larkin/Buffalo" Razor and if I can't find NOS Blades, I could buy a Razor Blade Hone to sharpen the five blades I now own. However, me thinks this might be a bit over the top! Then again......it could be a fun project!

3 Vintage Buffalo Single Edge Blade Safety Razor with Box & Blades | eBay

SixCats!

Last edited:
Your Rolls razor includes both the stone and leather for honing perhaps.

You might be able to apply layers of electrical tape to one side and use an old barbers hone using a stropping lap.

Hi Guys,

Well, this morning, I visited an Antique Shop (which has a "Larkin/Buffalo" Razor for sale).
I was VERY tempted to purchase this Razor however, unless Blades are available, I really don't want to mess with a Razor (even if it's possible to "hack" blades). In addition, I found attempting to load (the included) one blade a real PITA (if not dangerous). So, I passed on buying this Razor (at least for the time being).

SixCats!

Top Bottom