What's new

Budget Friendly Blades

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Historically, GSB or 7 O’Clock Yellow (both Russian).

Now, all I use are Astra SP. You can still get the blades from Russia for $12/100. Three shaves per blade, cost is $0.04 per shave. Don’t bother with the Indian version, they’re rubbish.

Unfortunately, this Russia business has caused all Russian Blades to go way up. In some cases, prices tripled. I would keep an eye on Amazon. They carry some brands and sell them from their warehouses. They don’t like keeping things too long and eventually sell them off at good prices. I have bought Falcons, Prime and Lord Cool . All very decent blades at the 7-8 euro per 100 pack. Times are changing and we have to adapt…

images.jpg

So going back to EclipseRedRing’s original question, what you say is a supposition then, as it is certainly not “a statement of fact, acknowledged by Feather”.

For anyone interested, since 1953 the proper name of the company is “FEATHER Safety Razor Co., Ltd.” and Medical Products is only one of four areas they are currently active in, the others being Barber & Beauty Products, Consumer Products, and Industrial Use Products.

They have been producing SS double edge razor blades since 1964 and introduced disposable surgical blades 5 years later.

For people more interested in facts, their English language website is: FEATHER Safety Razor Co., Ltd.MADE IN JAPAN - https://www.feather.co.jp/en/

B.
I stand corrected, but still, 3 shaves from a blade that is the most expensive of the lot, not for me...

I think all DE blades are budget except for maybe KAI, Feather and Personna Med Preps. Top quality DE blades are still mostly $10-20/100.
Agreed. As for "budget" recommendations, these work for me; Gill 7 O'clock Permasharp,Gill Silver Blue, Gill Nacent, Dorco ST300, SuperMax Platinum Plus, and Astra (green pack). I choose the blade to go with the razor I am using. Some razors are less picky than others, and vice versa.

OBTW - have you seen how much "modern" cartridge blades are?? Like $3 to $4 each.

[EDIT] Not an exhaustive list. There are many other good ones posted here. When it comes to razor blades, it's a buyers market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom