What's new

Budget and mid-range priced splash on recommendations

Up until now I've been using balms or nothing at all.

My mother and father used to get me Chaps for Christmas as a stocking stuffer, but Chairs is no more. In high school, I would sometimes get and use Adidas Moves.

Then I hit the Air Forever and while I don't think scented after shave was exactly non-regulation, it certainly wasnt something that was done.

Now that I've started DE shaving, I'm thinking I might like to start using a splash on aftershave as kind of a feedback for the quality of the shave.

I took look the supermarket where I work and the drug store where my mom works and here are the budget aftershaves I've found.

What would you recommend at the budget priice ($10 and under) and the mood range ($10.01 -$35)?

I want to avoid the grandpa in a bottle scent (like Old Spice).

I'm leery of Clubman. I tried some of dad's Clubman Reserve Virgin Island Bay Rum. It smelled alright in three botttle but they was an rather unpleasant pair when it was in my face.

Barbasol Brisk- alcohol, plus menthol. If ordered for delivery to local Walgreens is ~$3. Smells like Skin Bracer; for me it's a classic. It may be on the oldish side for you; I'll let some of the younger fellows weigh in.

Basically every soapmaker has an aftershave splash so it comes down to your preference in scent, haven't got to many splashes myself but these are the reasonable priced ones I tried and like

Pinaud clubman
Speick
Fine accoutrements

My absolute favourite splashes are from Saponificio varesino but a bit more expensive

The Stirling ones are like $13 bucks. I got a 10% off ad from them a few days ago. I will say just given the plethora scents they have, I'd recommend snagging a slew of samples (which are 4 for $10) and/or just 1 you'd guess you would like.

For the ones (samples) I've tried I would say the the scents are reasonably consistent across the soap / splash and edt.

+1 for Barbasol Brisk and Clubman.

For a "younger" smelling budget scent, you might try Aqua Velva Ice Sport (or Original Sport, if you are in Canada).

In the $10-35 range, the world is your oyster, Sir.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If you are looking to avoid the more classic scents ( old man vibe ) and prefer more modern scents, I concur with a few others here who have said, Gillette Cool Wave.

@Stubblebum's suggestion of AV Ice Sport is a nice one also. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Brut Classic
Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Aqua Velva Musk
Pinaud Clubman
Any of the RazoRock Aftershaves (between $10-$15 each)
Proraso Green
Proraso Red

Aqua velva ice SPORT not the regular, more common ice blue. I do not like pinaud clubman, but I love their whiskey woods and brandy spice. You can order all three online from Wal-Mart with free shipping. Those are my three favorite budget splashes.

Top Bottom