What's new

Buddha Bowls

How about a little more zen when you’re shaving? How about a Tibetan Singing [mixing] Bowl.

https://www.amazon.com/Tibetan-Singing-Bowl-Set-Handcrafted/dp/B01A6B0ICC

proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh thats fantastic. Makes me want to use a bowl i could definitely use more piece of mind

Imagine if the sound quality matched the quality of the resulting lather. My last efforts with MWF and a badger brush made for a funeral dirge. Guess who won't forget to swap out for the Semogue boar next time MWF comes to mind.

Imagine if the sound quality matched the quality of the resulting lather. My last efforts with MWF and a badger brush made for a funeral dirge. Guess who won't forget to swap out for the Semogue boar next time MWF comes to mind.
It could be... an out of this world experience fer yous me brudda :)

Spherical metal surfaces are slippery with lather fingers. You want to grab onto something to work your brush confidently. I have similar shaped steel salad bowls and simply resting them on the palm isn't good enough.

I was checking those brass bowls awhile back and they were quite expensive for the larger sizes. North of $80 for a 5" bowl.

I actually own the bowl in that Amazon link. It went on lightning deal for a good price last year, and I was curious so I picked it up. I've never even thought about using it as a lather bowl, because it's pretty small. It also has a coating that makes the outer surfaces a little sticky. That coating is what makes the wooden stick vibrate the bowl as the stick is moved across the bowl surface. I would certainly find a lather bowl in our kitchen long before I bothered with the singing bowl. I will say though, that little singing bowl does sound really good and it also drives my wife nuts. She can hear it all the way across the house, even on another floor. It's actually pretty relaxing until she starts complaining about it.

I actually own the bowl in that Amazon link. It went on lightning deal for a good price last year, and I was curious so I picked it up. I've never even thought about using it as a lather bowl, because it's pretty small. It also has a coating that makes the outer surfaces a little sticky. That coating is what makes the wooden stick vibrate the bowl as the stick is moved across the bowl surface. I would certainly find a lather bowl in our kitchen long before I bothered with the singing bowl. I will say though, that little singing bowl does sound really good and it also drives my wife nuts. She can hear it all the way across the house, even on another floor. It's actually pretty relaxing until she starts complaining about it.
Now I want one just for the "singing."

I've never actually seen Buddhists make the bowls "sing". Usually, the bowls are just used as bells or gongs in religious rituals.

Haha that made me laugh.

Top Bottom