What's new

BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check with a Moderator then.
Jim is the moderator for BST.

Jim

Being that B&B is a international community we have members all around the globe. I find myself gravitating to the
Buy- Sell- Trade section hoping to snag something special. Unfortunately all too often there are great sales posted that are "CONUS only". 😥

Any chance of splitting the Buy- Sell- Trade section into CONUS and International subsection so that the international members hopes aren't continually dashed by items not available to them?

Also is there a sorting tool in the Buy- Sell- Trade section to sort FSOT, WTB and FS ?

I think the current covid delays in postal issues exacerbated the general international issues.

Perhaps there needs to be a discussion around realistic/reasonable international shipping, especially for those of us in the US who don't usually pay significant import related fees. What's a reasonable shipping fee for you to ensure no issues?

(I know the only thing i paid import charges on in many many years was related to car rims in the last year and had i known it was going to be that amount for shipping/import issues, i might have opted for local purchase instead).

In May I paid a bit more from one of the Spain based vendors for expedited shipping and when everyone else was complaining about weeks and weeks of delays, I had the items in less than a week IIRC. Got to me right quick, i was amazed. I just had to make a purchase where the offered discount offset the shipping cost.

BTW, on the default forum look to the right side of screen just under the forum name line and you'll see filters to sort WTB, FS, FT, etc.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I reviewed the stickies that I saw...I've purchased a couple items on the BST forum, and wonder if there is (or should be) a way to provide feedback to members on both sides of a transaction? [I've had only great experiences so far, but worth sharing that]

Thanks!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
My approach has always been twofold:

1. Send feedback via Personal Message (PM) to the seller -- whether it's positive or negative, although with countless transactions under my belt, it's never been negative. Seriously, I've dealt with over a dozen different sellers, and every transaction has been painless and flawless. I always make a point of thanking the seller (via PM) for using the BST.

2. When I see someone offer something on the BST that I felt did an over-the-top outstanding job on a previous transaction with me, I'll leave a comment on their current sale to that effect. You see a lot of those, basically it's a "Buy with confidence, this is an upstanding seller"....that sort of thing.

As for negative feedback, I would never ever leave negative feedback on their posting or on any public thread....even if your previous deal with them went totally sideways. If I ever do have a deal go sideways, I would work with the seller via PM and if things couldn't be worked out, I'd live with it (Caveat Emptor) and send a "heads-up" PM to one of the Mods. As it is a Caveat Emptor environment, I wouldn't expect the Mods to step-in; but I figure that if they get mulltiple "heads-ups" from folks on the same seller, then they have some info should they need/want to take action.

The above is my approach and two-cents, should a Mod come buy with a different view, by all means follow their direction/guidance (as will I, going forward).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom