What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

BST Threads

I'm trying to close one on my BST posts but the thread tools are not visible anymore.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Open the thread and click the drop down 3 dots on the right. Choose Close or Lock thread.

0BEF0821-A5F7-44D2-BD14-0220657A1C2E.jpeg

johnwick

Contributor
Are BST thread replies no longer taking the respective thread to the top of the page? They are static for me.

cleanshaved

Munted Old Cog
Moderator Emeritus
The BST is set up to stay static. If you want to view the last post made in that forum you can use the filters. The filters are not saved, so the view will reset back after you exit.

RobertJ

Contributor
Hello all,

I thought I would post an idea here. There should be a way to rate a buyer/seller when a transaction is done through the BST. I know that most everyone on here is a stand up Gent however having a buyer/seller review is a good idea for potential dealings with folks. Just an idea.

Robert

Jim

Robert we have always maintained that each BST transaction is perfect.
Of course we have had issues but either they are resolved or the member is removed from the membership roles.
As we have grown issues of course have increased. We have always urged our members to be smart. Use basic on line caution and use the protection available through paypal.
Thanks

I really like this forum and the civility of the members. I’ve been on other forums and though I don’t get into the weeds on controversy and opinions of those who are too opinionated, the general membership of this forum does a great job being courteous, respectful, helpful and friendly. Nobody lets ego get in the way of the good things to come from this place.

I have done a few BSTs here and had no issues with anyone of them.

RobertJ

Contributor
We should really get rid of the 15 day waiting period for posting in the classifieds section. It is a pain haha. Also, due to not many viewers being in the Contributor BST it makes more sense to allow more frequent posts in the community BST.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Contributor
Ambassador
I do know one thing: it’s virtually impossible to sell stuff on the Contributors BST. Too few eyes can see listed items.

BigFoot

Androgynous Pistoleer
We do not want the BST to turn into a storefront. That is why the waiting period is in effect. If we did away with that rule some members would turn our BST into Ebay. That is not what we want.

RobertJ

Contributor
I don't think it would become a storefront at all. If the rules are still set in place with personal photos having to be used etc it would be just the same as it is now. I do also believe there is enough respect and decency on this forum to keep it in line on a respectable and responsible level.