What's new

INFO! BST pictures

Some years back this always puzzled me as to why until it was explained to me. The intent behind this is that it verifies, in fact, that the pictured item is actually in the possession of the person selling it and on the date noted.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Correct. A date also puts a reference point. If I was selling a soap that I said was 90% remaining, a current date on the pic is a great way to show it is an accurate description.

I used today's newspaper when I ..um.."found"....a dog and wanted to .....um...um....."return".... him.

proxy.php

Hi folks,

Everyone's doing a really good job showing pictures in their listings, but I wanted to drop a reminder that photos need to have your username included in them as well, as per the BST Guidelines. Adding a date into the pic helps out as well.

INFO! - B&B's new BST guidelines

This clarifies things for me as someone who didn't know and didn't use the right procedure.

Thanks again for the info and reminder. :)

If we're going to use the user name and date to verify ownership, shouldn't it have to be written on a piece of paper or something else that's actually in the photo? It's quite easy to take a screenshot of something and paste on a label with a photo editor, as shown in the post above mine.

If we're going to use the user name and date to verify ownership, shouldn't it have to be written on a piece of paper or something else that's actually in the photo? It's quite easy to take a screenshot of something and paste on a label with a photo editor, as shown in the post above mine.

Indeed. Posting a photo has a couple of purposes; the item/s involved are clearly identified, the amounts of any software should be clearly shown and by placing one's Username and the date within the photo other members can be satisfied that the items are "in hand".

In reality the seller's integrity is the ultimate criterion when selling stuff.
I would guess that a better indicator of "how much" of anything was left (like shave cream, cologne, etc) would be to use a ruler or gauge...something along those lines, shown alongside the item(s) for sale to help figure it out. Actually the name posted in the picture to me seems to be kind of redundant. It's already in the post. The date is also pretty easy to find in the data connected to the picture posted. But I guess whatever makes people more comfortable should be the norm.

Top Bottom