What's new

BST Appearance When Item Sold

When an item is marked as sold the post is marked at the bottom indicating that it is "Not open for further replies." However, the post has no such indication at the listing for threads. Can the item appear with a strike-through or some other indication that it is sold so that a member does not have to click on the item only to find that it is sold?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
When an item is marked as sold the post is marked at the bottom indicating that it is "Not open for further replies." However, the post has no such indication at the listing for threads. Can the item appear with a strike-through or some other indication that it is sold so that a member does not have to click on the item only to find that it is sold?
Ok, we can look into a strike through option, till then -
Look at the thread list. Threads that are open do not have the "lock" icon.
Threads that are closed have the "lock" icon on the listing page:

Image1.png

Thanks, Phil. I don't go to the BST very often so did not notice the lock. I was asking for a member who asked me that question. I PMed him with your response and he was happy with it. He said he thought the BST had that strike-through feature a while back - but I have no idea if it did.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks, Phil. I don't go to the BST very often so did not notice the lock. I was asking for a member who asked me that question. I PMed him with your response and he was happy with it. He said he thought the BST had that strike-through feature a while back - but I have no idea if it did.
I believe that it did, but I don't post there so I can't swear by it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It did. I’m guessing with the software update it went away. IIRC the last time we updated the software it removed the Strikethrough then as well and it had to be reinstated.

Eben Stone

Staff member
The locked/padlock glyph does not appear for locked threads if they are displayed in search results. I often search for stuff in the BST. There's some awkwardness in doing that, because there's no way to know if the tread is closed or not, unless I go into the thread. It's a minor inconvenience. Any chance this can be fixed?

Top Bottom