What's new

Brylcreem or something like it

Despite the fact that I no longer use shampoo my hair still feels dry and lifeless with no pep. A sad state of affairs. My hair is thinning and my wife suggested I find some kind of hair grease or gel or lotion or leave-in conditioner. When i was a kid we always used Brylcreem but from reviews i have read it leaves a greasy look. Do you have any suggestions? Or is it just the amount of Brylcreem that i need to experiment with?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My grandfather used Brylcream.
I use Dax High and Tight
Prospectors Iron Ore
Iron Society
They are pretty good.
Dax doesn’t harden. The others do.
Most stores around here sell tres Flores.
It has a strong smell

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
This is a possible solution.
Get some Garnier Fructis.
Sleek and Shine
Anti-Frizz Serum

Is your hair thinning due to age or some other reason? Some shampoos contain argan oil. Black Widow makes a nice pomade with argan oil.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I've had good luck with Layrite Super Hold--a water soluble pomade. A tiny amount gives my fine, fly-away hair the body it needs to hold a style and permit finger-combing, whereas products like Brylcreem just flatten my hair out. (But like Brylcreem, a little dab o' Layrite will also do ya.)

That Layrite is water soluble is an important consideration for someone who doesn't shampoo. I don't see how you could successfully use an oil-based product like Brylcreem long-term without occasionally shampooing. JMHO, of course, as I've not tried it.

I picked up a tube of Brylcreem at Walmart for around $6 and have been using a little dab every morning. And the ads are correct: "a little dab will do ya". I quite like this product. It provides a bit of shine, it's cheap as dirt, my hair doesnt feel so dry anymore, I like the scent and I notice women look at me like they want to run their fingers through my hair. Well...ok...maybe not the last bit...

In addition to re-trying Brylcreem, you might also want to give Groom & Clean a shot. It's in a tube like Brylcreem but it just rinses out in a shower rather than have to be washed out. It also has a unique scent. (I would warn you that this product would likely cause women to think of you as a movie star, however)

If you have access to a nearby Sports Clip, swing by and check out some stuff sold there: Mvrck
00779E8B-584B-49E9-AB8A-62CD4A796416.jpeg

I am fond of the scent and it might be just what you are looking for. Not expensive either.

In addition to re-trying Brylcreem, you might also want to give Groom & Clean a shot. It's in a tube like Brylcreem but it just rinses out in a shower rather than have to be washed out. It also has a unique scent. (I would warn you that this product would likely cause women to think of you as a movie star, however)
Groom and Clean is one product I never see in stores. I will order some from Amazon.

Top Bottom