What's new

Brut Original

A few years back, I went into a couple of drugstores and smelled the different versions of mass-market green juice. I was meh on Brut Classic and Mennen Skin Bracer, and bought a bottle of Barbasol Brisk, which much to my dismay a family member later poured down the drain. I would not describe green juice as my favorite of scents, but I liked the Brisk.

Brisk is no longer available so I did a little research and learned that the original Faberge Brut from 1964 is a fougere, and read good things about Brut Original from Unilever in the UK, so I tracked down Brut Original from a seller on eBay in India for less than $15 with shipping, and almost 3 months later my it's-the-real-deal bottle of Brut Original arrived.

Probably the best mass-market green juice I have smelled. Pleasant, fades quickly (which I like) and feels good on the face.

Interestingly, the label on the box says "Made In Italy", and we all know that Italians understand scent, right?

1653159756434.png

1653159821373.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A few years back, I went into a couple of drugstores and smelled the different versions of mass-market green juice. I was meh on Brut Classic and Mennen Skin Bracer, and bought a bottle of Barbasol Brisk, which much to my dismay a family member later poured down the drain. I would not describe green juice as my favorite of scents, but I liked the Brisk.

Brisk is no longer available so I did a little research and learned that the original Faberge Brut from 1964 is a fougere, and read good things about Brut Original from Unilever in the UK, so I tracked down Brut Original from a seller on eBay in India for less than $8 with shipping, and almost 3 months later my it's-the-real-deal bottle of Brut Original arrived.

Probably the best mass-market green juice I have smelled. Pleasant, fades quickly (which I like) and feels good on the face.

Interestingly, the label on the box says "Made In Italy", and we all know that Italians understand scent, right?

View attachment 1459568

View attachment 1459569
Oh my! I've wondered about this one! I love all things "Brut" and you've just caused me to go to FleaBay and do shopping....or maybe that South American river store?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Have you tried the "Cologne" version that is a lighter colored liquid? I might NEED both!

Top Bottom