What's new

BRUT Aftershave Balm options?

Hi everyone,

After trying out aftershave lotion for a bit, I've found my skin is a bit more receptive to a combination of witch hazel toner & balm.
That said, I have been using the CK6 formula from PAA's Et Tu soap (homage to Brut) but am having trouble sourcing a balm option.

It seems Brut discontinued their version some time ago and I can't seem to find a company that offers their rendition/homage to this classic. As a result, I'm reaching out to the experts here on B&B to see what is out there, as you'd likely know better than I do what works either as a similar scent profile or a complementary scent I can put on afterwards that won't clash with the smell of my soap.

Thanks in advance!

- Carlos

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I do this: I use a cheap UNSCENTED hand cream or face cream, pump a TINY amount of it in my left hand, and spritz some Brut on top of that, mix in my hands and apply to my incredibly handsome face!

I do this a LOT in the winter, especially if I'm going out into the elements after a morning shave.

Really works splendidly for me.

I do this: I use a cheap UNSCENTED hand cream or face cream, pump a TINY amount of it in my left hand, and spritz some Brut on top of that, mix in my hands and apply to my incredibly handsome face!

I do this a LOT in the winter, especially if I'm going out into the elements after a morning shave.

That's a good idea! I do have some unscented aftershave balm and could try mixing it with some Brut A/S if it comes down to it.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20200619_102338.jpg

I got this on the Bay in the UK, they come up several times per year and normally go for under £10. You can save a search to get notified when one is listed. Good luck.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If they quit making all aftershave after Brut was invented I'd be a lot more financially solvent! I'd be perfectly happy with no other scent.

I adore Fabergé Brut. When I put it on I close my eyes, drift back 40 years, and I am sitting on my Father's knee once again. I feel content and happy about life and about myself. It is not the scent itself but rather it is what the scent does; you cannot put a price on it. Sadly, my wife does not like Brut at all 🤣 Here is about 25% of my collection.

Brut.jpg

I've always had great success with this technique. Unscented Lubriderm + your favorite EdT works great, especially when it's cold and dry. I did it today with the Montblanc Explorer fragrance. I put a tiny amount of cream on my RIGHT palm though. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've always had great success with this technique. Unscented Lubriderm + your favorite EdT works great, especially when it's cold and dry. I did it today with the Montblanc Explorer fragrance. I put a tiny amount of cream on my RIGHT palm though. :)
My brain has termites, but I'm SURE it was Lubriderm we got last Fall at that Warehouse Store named after a guy by the last name of "Walton."

I started doing like you said last winter. Works truly wonderful for me. But my lovely War Department confiscated it to use after her showers and I have never in my life seen a person use that much lotion, and I'm a licensed Cosmetologist!

I hope she never joins this forum. If I turn up missing for more than 48 hours alert the authorities please gents! There will be scant evidence, but please try. She may just have me locked in the crawlspace...

Does PAA make their Star Jelly (lotion/balm) in Et Tu flavor?

While they may have, the entire Et Tu lineup has been discontinued. Kinda bummed since that was what I was going to get...and what prompted me to post on here :(

As for longevity, I would say the PAA Aftershave/EdT lasts longer. PAA has been known to have good Aftershave/EdT scent strength and longevity and I haven't heard the same from the star jelly, although I am sure it is good too.

There's lots of Brut Balm on eBay, but apparently they think it's made of gold, because it's going for $40 a tube!

If you can locate the following, they are copies of Brut, and made balms.
Wholly Kaw - La Fougere Parfaite
Phoenix and Beau - Right Handed Giant

Top Bottom