What's new

Brushless Shaving Creams Revealed and Compared

Wow somebody sticky this thread !!!!

Great work.

By the way, I recently bought KMF Lime and KMF Cool Mint

The other day I mixed them together: Cool Lime ! :thumbup1:

Wiki or sticky...this review was great and needs a permanent residence in the Valhalla of B & B. Thank you so much for the review. Bravo! :a14::a14::a14::clap::clap::clap:

#8, Shavex

1. Product name: Shavex
2. Country of origin: England
3. Container size: 4 oz 120 ml tub
4. Price: $3.52 Auravita
5. Cost per ounce: $0.88
6. Fragrance: Does it have a scent? Light
7. Texture: Describe the look and feel. White, smooth light cream
8. Protective: Does it protect against razor burn and chafing? Yes
9. Lubrication: Is it slippery? Did it help the razor slide smoothly? Yes
10. Efficiency: Does it do what was expected to help me shave? Yes
11. Endurance: Does it require reapplication during or between passes? No
12. Washable: Does it wash off face & razor easily afterward? Yes
13. Moisturizing: Does it add/restore moisture? Yes
14. Time elapsed: How long did it take to shave, from prep to cleanup? 6 min
15. Brush lather: Will a brush make it lather in a bowl? No
16. Brush cleanup: Does it easily rinse out of a brush? No
17. Enjoyment: Did I enjoy the shave without a brush? Yes
18. Remarks: Marketed as deluxe brushless, with glycerine and almond oil. The tub recommends using the fingertips to apply the cream to the beard. The product feels slick and protective on the face during the shave. My shave was close and smooth with this product. The product left my face feeling moisturized afterward. I did not apply any after shave products, and the pleasant but mild fragrance remained for around for an hour or so following the shave. PS: Since I conducted this review a couple of weeks or so ago, I have decided this stuff may have been discontinued or something. Try googling! Anyway there was a lady in England that invented it and became very wealthy sometime early in the 20th century. There is a claim that she invented brushless shaving cream when she invented Shavex. Very interesting.

I just picked up a tub of Shavex based on this review - look forward to trying it out. It's certainly not discontinued as it was in the first Chemist I tried.
:thumbup1:

Thanks, I just wish I knew how to get it into a sticky and/or a Wiki. I feel a bit technically challenged. Maybe some kind soul will happen by and help us out. Maybe a Steward or a Mod?

Thanks, I just wish I knew how to get it into a sticky and/or a Wiki. I feel a bit technically challenged. Maybe some kind soul will happen by and help us out. Maybe a Steward or a Mod?

I'm going to make this a sticky for you (for now). I'm also going to ask that you contact Blackfoot (Blake) as he is the Steward for the Wiki forum. He can point you in the right direction for getting this in the Wiki. Once the info is loaded up in the Wiki I'll unstick the thread.

Another vote for Kiss My Face...I began using it even before I began using a DE, and it made shaving much more pleasant even then. I've tried couple of higher end soaps, and they don't seem to work any better. I normally use it with a brush, but it works fine without.

This is a cool thread. I didn't find the one I was looking for though. I'll keep looking.

If anyone has used Caswell Massey, let me know your thoughts please.

Last edited:
This is a cool thread. I didn't find the one I was looking for though. I'll keep looking.

If anyone has used Caswell Massey, let me know your thoughts please.

I don't have a link but as of January 10, 2013 it is in a recent thread that several say Caswell-Massey's current cream and soap production is lackluster in performance. Too bad, they have great panache and packaging and their prices reflect that as their products cost as much as the 3T's or maybe even a bit more.

I'm glad to read a positive report on Cremo. I've been wanting to try it.. Will be nice to use a brush with it as well.

The contrarian in me likes to see this topic kept alive. As much fun as brushes are, there are times when you need a brushless cream.

My favorite to date: Malin + Goetz. Pricey but good, with an enjoyable menthol kick.
Value selection: H2O+ Marine Shave Cream. Look for it at Marshall's or T.J. Maxx.

Just found this thread. Great information! @brothers did any stand out as the best?

Yes, sometime after I completed this project I used up my entire tube of Ingrams Brushless and found it to be one of the best, if not the very best. Of course when I went to stock up with a few more tubes, I was very disappointed to learn that the Brushless cream had been discontinued. I really liked it.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Yes, sometime after I completed this project I used up my entire tube of Ingrams Brushless and found it to be one of the best, if not the very best. Of course when I went to stock up with a few more tubes, I was very disappointed to learn that the Brushless cream had been discontinued. I really liked it.
Thanks very much. Were there any others that are still produced that stood out?

Just for fun, I tried Headslick as a brushless cream earlier this week. I usually add it to Arko, which I've pressed into an Old Spice mug, and that's a great combo. But using Headslick without a brush works just fine! Nice, cooling sensation that isn't over the top, and basically no scent other than the menthol. It was just a maintenance shave, but no nicks, cuts, or irritation. Used a Parker 68S with an Astra SP blade on its fourth shave.

Top Bottom