What's new

Brushes that compare in size to a Tweezerman

For anyone who has or had a Tweezerman shaving brush do you know of any brushes that compare in size to that brush but with a better grade of hair? I love the size of my Tweezerman, I really think it’s the perfect size for my face. However, I’d love to get a brush that’s about the same size, but that has a finest or silver tip hair grade. Anything in either Shavemac, Rooney, Simpson, Saville Row or Pillson would be what I’m looking for. Any thoughts? At this point price is not really an issue, I just want to work on getting the correct size.

As a point of reference I do have a Shavemac 429 in Finest that I feel is just a tad too big. I also have an Edwin Jagger small in Best that I kind of feel is too small, and my Tweezerman seems to be right in the middle of those to brushes, size wise.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks all.

For anyone who has or had a Tweezerman shaving brush do you know of any brushes that compare in size to that brush but with a better grade of hair? I love the size of my Tweezerman, I really think it’s the perfect size for my face. However, I’d love to get a brush that’s about the same size, but that has a finest or silver tip hair grade. Anything in either Shavemac, Rooney, Simpson, Saville Row or Pillson would be what I’m looking for. Any thoughts? At this point price is not really an issue, I just want to work on getting the correct size.

As a point of reference I do have a Shavemac 429 in Finest that I feel is just a tad too big. I also have an Edwin Jagger small in Best that I kind of feel is too small, and my Tweezerman seems to be right in the middle of those to brushes, size wise.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks all.

Rooney Style 3 Small (size 1) should be just about the same size, if I recall.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Rooneys, both from a cost and performance perspective. The super is ~75 + s/h, and if you can handle a tad grayer color in the tips the silvertip is ~65 + s/h . I noticed no difference in the tip softness between the two, but the super may have been a bit firmer. Silvertip was just right for me, and the tips are going to be softer than the Tweezerman either way.

Best of luck.

J

I’ve never dealt with Rooney brushes before; does the style type just refer to the handle?
In any case, thanks for the suggestion, I’ll see what other suggestions I get, but a Rooney is definitely a great suggestion and it’ll be one I consider for sure.

I’ve never dealt with Rooney brushes before; does the style type just refer to the handle?
In any case, thanks for the suggestion, I’ll see what other suggestions I get, but a Rooney is definitely a great suggestion and it’ll be one I consider for sure.

Style refers to the handle, but with the slightly longer handle comes a slightly longer loft as well. So in order of loft, would be 1, 3, 2. There are proponents of all of them, but style 3 seems to be the most generally well liked. Best of luck.

J

boogie-

iirc- the shavemac is a 23mm knot with a fairly large bloom. from what i saw of the tweezerman that i bought for a friend- it looks between 20-22mm with a smaller bloom. i have a savile row 3722 and the bloom is quite large so my guess is that a 3120 (or is there a 3320?) might be the sweet spot for you.

btw- if that newly acquired 3118 is too small for you send me a pm-:tongue:

cheers,
ryan

Top Bottom