What's new

Brush Wars discussion Thread for Simpson Chubby #2 - Super....

On that note - all of my dud brushes have come from Lee :wink:

Lee is a great vendor - but I suggest trying to call Simpson, or talk to them in ANY way shape or form... they are MISERABLE to deal with, and that is why few vedors deal with them - and they give you things their way - or no way.

Interesting...:confused1

I've also had the pleasure of dealing with Simspon - took me about 2 months to get a replacement for a brush in which the entire knot began to rotate in the handle (after less than 30 uses).

They were polite and I did get a replacement, but it would take days to weeks to get a response to e-mails and, while they gave me a tube of Coates for my troubles, I paid more than the retail price for the Coates to ship my brush to the factory.:cursing:

So I can certainly understand why people have sworn off of the brand.

Interesting...:confused1

I've also had the pleasure of dealing with Simspon - took me about 2 months to get a replacement for a brush in which the entire knot began to rotate in the handle (after less than 30 uses).

They were polite and I did get a replacement, but it would take days to weeks to get a response to e-mails and, while they gave me a tube of Coates for my troubles, I paid more than the retail price for the Coates to ship my brush to the factory.:cursing:

So I can certainly understand why people have sworn off of the brand.

Now just cross your fingers and hope the replacement doesn't end up being worse than the original!

My "replacement" Duke lost the whole damn brush head after about 4 months of use. Instead of dealing with Simpson and waiting months for another "replacement" I went to Home Depot and bought some Epoxy Glue and glued the damn thing in myself.

Pitiful!

Now just cross your fingers and hope the replacement doesn't end up being worse than the original!

My "replacement" Duke lost the whole damn brush head after about 4 months of use. Instead of dealing with Simpson and waiting months for another "replacement" I went to Home Depot and bought some Epoxy Glue and glued the damn thing in myself.

Pitiful!

Sorry, Joel.:wink: :frown:

So what brush out there is a scrubby/firm/densely packed as a Simpson's Chubby 2 in Super?(now that you have reasoned the futility out of me for buying one!)

Marty

So what brush out there is a scrubby/firm/densely packed as a Simpson's Chubby 2 in Super?(now that you have reasoned the futility out of me for buying one!)

Marty

Rooney Style 1 is fairly scrubby/firm/dense... I think the new line 'stubby' is reputedly even more so. Best of luck.

J

Marty

Sorry - nothing save for a custom brush (bernd could probably do you right - as my pre 2K5 shavemac is denser than a chubby) is going to fit the bill for ya.

I've got a Polo 12 for sale that's as densely packed - but it's head is the size of a CH3 - so it's probably too big for ya.

In any case, you could try a shavemac custom (maybe in finest or best hair) or settle for a $40 EJ best, which is pretty scrubby and mighty nice :smile:

Sorry - nothing save for a custom brush (bernd could probably do you right - as my pre 2K5 shavemac is denser than a chubby) is going to fit the bill for ya.

I've got a Polo 12 for sale that's as densely packed - but it's head is the size of a CH3 - so it's probably too big for ya.

In any case, you could try a shavemac custom (maybe in finest or best hair) or settle for a $40 EJ best, which is pretty scrubby and mighty nice :smile:

Tyx!

Marty

Marty

Marty,

Have you considered one of these? Expensive, but very dense and firm, with soft tips. For some reason EJ's Silvertip line has pretty much remained under the radar; I think they're wonderful. I've got this one and a Medium.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/5EJ467

John

Nice review. I love the handle, though. I've got average sized hands, and just enjoy the grip I can put to this brush. I use it just for face lathering, so I can go to town with it.

Thank you Joel! I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience/information about Simpson brushes. I WAS considering a Chubby. Any suggestions for a comparable model of a different manufacture?

Bump again for a quality update on the Simpson brushes. Have the problems everyone was seeing been solved now that we are well into the Vulfix era?

Almost 4 years after my last post in this thread, I end up with a Chubby 2 in Best! Funny how things have changed-for the better I believe.

marty

Top Bottom