What's new

Brush Wars discussion Thread for Men-U Synthetic Review....

Good review Joel. I've been using one of these for about four months - this is my first brush, so cannot compare it against a badger brush, but I agree with your observations. I travel a lot, and find this to be an ideal travel brush.

I wouldn't describe what comes with this brush as a "stand". It is just to keep the bristles from getting damaged in the box. Just part of the packaging.

roger

I wouldn't describe what comes with this brush as a "stand". It is just to keep the bristles from getting damaged in the box. Just part of the packaging.

roger

Roger,
I've been using it as a stand for darn near 2 years now with NARY a problem, and it works as well as any other brush stand in my opinion. I guess it is YMMV. :smile:

Excellent review. While not a fancy product, it works quite well. Some say that the bristles are made by Omega, so it may be worthwhile to get one of the nicer looking Omega synthetic brushes.

I was interested in this brush. One reason being, having just joined this forum, I was concerned about the inhumane treatment of badgers in China (down used for duvets is just as bad). This one may be a good alternative.

Any idea how it compares to the £35 Taylor synthetic brush?

proxy.php

I know this is a long-gone thread, but looking at this brush...I can't help but notice a LOT of similarity with my Omega synthetic 643186 (Phil at Bullgoose calls this "Lucretia Borgia").

The Men-U handle says "made in Italy" so I wonder if it's just a black-handled Omega "synthetic badger" brush? BIG price difference... :001_huh:

Deacon, I think you're right. I have the Omega 40652:

proxy.php

The Men-U knot looks identical to mine. Looking a the closeups of the Men-U I see that the bristles even have the same little spiral shape to them, which I think gives it a little more density.

I got this brush for about $30, and the handle is gorgeous.

I like it, but it is a little long & stiff for face lathering. It holds water, but the bristles don't absorb water---so they don't soften much upon soaking like natural fibers do.

I know this thread has been silent for over a year but I would like to add, I have the Men-U brush and I love it. I also have an Omega synthetic, the one with the red/clear handle. I believe they are one and the same. With Omega you get the same brush for half the price. I feel I got screwed with the Men-U. You are just paying for the brand name. Still a nice brush.

Top Bottom