full

full

full

full

full

Tallest VS Shortest in group...
full

full

Eventhough the Chubby is small - it packs on hell of a tight knot of badger whallop....
full

Polo 12 next to tallest for size comparo...
full

Polo 12 next to Kent BK4 for size comparo...
full

Polo 12 knot head size VS Kent BK4
full

Last edited by a moderator:
One interesting thing to take note of is the photo below.....

full

White everyone figures Shavemac=Savile Row Silvertip line, look at the coloration/differences in the badger hair between the SR Silvertip and the Shavemac Silvertip. Very, very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
rtaylor61 said:
Are two missing? The Plisson Horn and the EJ Ebony pure?

Randy

No, neither one of those are in the "brush war" test, as there is already and entrant for both manufactures. Also, the HMW is WAY outta the groups price range and the EJ pure is way under, and it is not a "like" quality badger hair - also both of those brushes have been used, and thus would notbe eligable for the comparo. The test is comprised of the "high end" brushes (although reasonable high end) - in super/silvertip grade.... the "Men-U" synthetic is thrown in there for kicks, just to see how a wacky "high end synthetic" would compare to the super/silvertips of other manufactures.

S

shavingrace

The Rooney is missing, but what an excellent group! So when does the war begin, Joel? Or is it dependent upon U.N. inaction?

Regards,

Phil

As per the brush war comment thread - the "war" begins tomorrow, and the Rooney is not in the photos because it has not yet arrived (if it will at all). Rooney claimed they would send me a brush over a month ago, changed which brush they would send, etc. Honestly.... I am pretty sure we won't see it show up. Regardless - I think they have had ample time to get one here, and if they can't get one here before the last brush has had its first use, and I begin using them the second time - it will be omitted from the test, and I will use my 2 personal Rooneys at the end for commentary.

Austin said:
Joel, thats a nice looking herd of brushes. I can't wait for the contest to begin.

Okay, it's a gaggle of geese, a flock of seagulls (sorry, couldn't resist), a herd of cows...what do you call a "group" of badger brushes???

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Okay, it's a gaggle of geese, a flock of seagulls (sorry, couldn't resist), a herd of cows...what do you call a "group" of badger brushes???

Randy
The collective name for a group of badgers is a cete.

joel said:
Rooney claimed they would send me a brush over a month ago...,

Gotcha. I thought the Rooney (finest, large) you started a thread about recently was for the brush war. Thanks for clearing it up.

rtaylor61 said:

Randy
It is definitely a pride of badgers.:biggrin:

rtaylor61 said:
But cete is a noun...aren't we looking for an adjective?

Randy
Hmm.. Let's examine this. If you were playing with the bruhes that could be like toys? And if you wanted to LET the toys relate to the cete of badgers, you could call it a Toy Let Cete! How's that?

guenron said:
Hmm.. Let's examine this. If you were playing with the bruhes that could be like toys? And if you wanted to LET the toys relate to the cete of badgers, you could call it a Toy Let Cete! How's that?

That's certainly one way of looking at it! :lol:

Randy

Top Bottom