What's new

Brush Update Suggestions

Hey Guys,
I have been using a Crabtree & Evelyn Best Badger brush for a couple of years now, my only brush. I love it and I thinks its a great brush but Im noticing every time I use it I lose a couple of bristles. Maybe its time for a new brush? I dont know any of the specs for this brush but I think its a perfect size for me, maybe just a bit denser. Id like to upgrade a notch or two up to a nicer/better brush. Any suggestions?

If you want to get an exact replacement for what you have now, get an Edwin Jagger Best Badger Medium. EJ is the OEM for C&E's brushes.

I don't know about denser, but if you want to upgrade, I'm sure you can find an EJ brush with a Silvertip knot.

Or, you could keep the handle you have now, and replace the knot with something from TGN.

According the measurements in the first review of the C&E BBB brush it has a 23mm knot with a 52mm loft.

Here are a couple of suggestions off the top of my head:
- Simpson Duke 3, Duke 2, or Commodore X2
- Rooney #2/1
- If you are handy you could drill out the old C&E knot and replace it with a Golden Nib knot for pretty cheap.

Jeremy has pretty well nailed your question. Option one is your best bet...they're reasonably priced especially if you go with the Best Badger grade...you could pick up the T&H branded Rooney brushes using the T&H discount and they're a no-brainer as well.

I have quite a few brushes and I still use a couple of restored handles with Tony's TGN knots (SilverTip Grade A) regularly...the finest grade has more backbone...

I'm not familiar with the Omega line-up but have had an Omega in unknown grade of badger for a few years and it served me extremely well till the handle came apart. That brush owes me nothing :tongue_sm

According the measurements in the first review of the C&E BBB brush it has a 23mm knot with a 52mm loft.

Here are a couple of suggestions off the top of my head:
- Simpson Duke 3, Duke 2, or Commodore X2
- Rooney #2/1
- If you are handy you could drill out the old C&E knot and replace it with a Golden Nib knot for pretty cheap.

Top Bottom