What's new

Brush travel case that has top & bottom threaded caps

I’d be surprised they didn’t make this. Problem with just a top cap is every time you remove the brush bristles first they catch on the side and splay out in not a good way. I want to avoid this. I have an Omega travel brush that has its own case designed like i mention but it’s designed specifically for this small knot travel brush.

Thinking out loud, i can see a used toilet paper cardboard sleeve being what I’m looking for only something quite a bit more refined obviously. Do i have to make my own or is there something like this already available for sale?

I want a case where the brush can always be removed handle side first to avoid any bristle damage.

I would suggest going on Etsy and find a 3D printed one and ask them to alter it. There are plenty just not two sided.
For the diy crowd pvc sewer tube with either a pop on cap or a screw version. Multiple widths and any length under 12 feet.
Drawback heavy.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have used the Simpson small and large tubes with a variety of brushes, and also used other tubes which have all had a single threaded cap, normally with vent holes. What you describe has never been a problem for me. I insert the brush, handle first, into the tube. When the brush is needed I turn the tube over and the brush slides out with no catching or splaying of the bristles, not once, ever. Not to say it is not a good idea but it is not something I have ever needed and I am not aware of such a product in the market.

I’d be surprised they didn’t make this. Problem with just a top cap is every time you remove the brush bristles first they catch on the side and splay out in not a good way. I want to avoid this. I have an Omega travel brush that has its own case designed like i mention but it’s designed specifically for this small knot travel brush.

Thinking out loud, i can see a used toilet paper cardboard sleeve being what I’m looking for only something quite a bit more refined obviously. Do i have to make my own or is there something like this already available for sale?
I want a case where the brush can always be removed handle side first to avoid any bristle damage.
I have used the Simpson small and large tubes with a variety of brushes, and also used other tubes which have all had a single threaded cap, normally with vent holes. What you describe has never been a problem for me. I insert the brush, handle first, into the tube. When the brush is needed I turn the tube over and the brush slides out with no catching or splaying of the bristles, not once, ever. Not to say it is not a good idea but it is not something I have ever needed and I am not aware of such a product in the market.
Here’s a couple pics for example of my small Omega boar brush. Just taking it out of the plastic container it comes in causes the bristles to splay out as it runs against the plastic. Seem to be common sense that the bristles should always go in one direction avoid this.

FA0670D0-C05B-4BB3-A8FD-CE9BFD52ED85.jpeg
7BF03874-A0C5-4AE1-984B-F084E8F3910D.jpeg

I tried this with the tp cardboard sleeve and it’s too large for this small brush. Just to prove my theory when i tried to remove the brush, bristles side first, naturally bristles were bending backwards, in other words not good.
841BA125-88D1-45E3-8D63-340994FB970E.jpeg
8D02FAC7-23A6-492F-8DD3-57FC9FEC51E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Found the travel brush and case from Omega. Ingenious design where the brush pulls through the bottom of the case to avoid snagging bristles. You can see from the pictures, if you were to press up on the brush and remove it bristles first, it’s likely to catch stray hairs. I have this travel brush and can verify it does do this when you remove the brush bristles first. I’m honestly surprised this isn’t bigger issue.

8C812E5F-19E8-4ADB-9EA8-EFC5B301F68A.jpeg

FCC32F59-971D-44B5-92E8-5257264D634B.jpeg

Last edited:
There are rubber caps if you find the right pvc tube size you are done. Maybe drill some holes and that is it.

Attachments

• 8290538D-2A9E-4FA3-981F-589C6578B859.png
    8290538D-2A9E-4FA3-981F-589C6578B859.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Found the travel brush and case from Omega. Ingenious design where the brush pulls through the bottom of the case to avoid snagging bristles. You can see from the pictures, if you were to press up on the brush and remove it bristles first, it’s likely to catch stray hairs. I have this travel brush and can verify it dots do this when you remove the brush bristles first. I’m honestly surprised this isn’t bigger issue.

Omega Travel 50014 Boar Shaving Brush

Omega Travel 50014 Boar Shaving Brush
I have had that brush and though the compact design is superb I did not like the boar brush and made someone else happy with it. Maybe I should have drilled it out and shoved a synth in instead.

I thought of that but i was hoping for a more refined version in the direction of artisan crafted.
In that case I would ask someone on Etsy to mod a printed one they sell.
Hmm or depending omega is patented to copy the idea but with a longer tube a bit of texturing and accommodating a more generous size knot to do a diy.

I would suggest going on Etsy and find a 3D printed one and ask them to alter it. There are plenty just not two sided.
For the diy crowd pvc sewer tube with either a pop on cap or a screw version. Multiple widths and any length under 12 feet.
Drawback heavy.
I’ll check that out. Didn’t have much to say about the guy that makes the 3d printed razor blade magnetic holder / dryer / blade use tracker with dice. The quality was so flimsy it fell off a small box onto my tile floor and it cracked into 2 pieces. Further inspection is it’s a brittle plastic and all hollow. I think i paid around $20-$30 for the 5 blade tracker version which honestly seems high for a piece of plastic. I bought a travel case for my KARVE and while it fits it jostles around in it and i was sort of hoping it was more like a pelican case with foam that is form fitted and secure and not able to move to scrape up and down over the case causing damage to the finish. Lastly the tin the 3d printed case fits inside, started to rust in my bathroom.

I’ll check that out. Didn’t have much to say about the guy that makes the 3d printed razor blade magnetic holder / dryer / blade use tracker with dice. The quality was so flimsy it fell off a small box onto my tile floor and it cracked into 2 pieces. Further inspection is it’s a brittle plastic and all hollow. I think i paid around $20-$30 for the 5 blade tracker version which honestly seems high for a piece of plastic. I bought a travel case for my KARVE and while it fits it jostles around in it and i was sort of hoping it was more like a pelican case with foam that is form fitted and secure and not able to move to scrape up and down over the case causing damage to the finish. Lastly the tin the case was inside started to rust in my bathroom.
Alternative but expensive is find a machine shop and ask them to make one from metal or a better plastic. They can thread a tube outside and a cap inside. Drawback from metal if it drops and misforms you are s…..

There is also a leather wrap which is open on both sides might look dandy with a leather pouch for the razor

When i bought my first few brushes a couple years ago, I bought some QShave clear brush cases (the ones that are 2 pieces of plastic and screw together to adjust for height) but this case also requires you to remove it bristles first, and instantly noticed the flaw of removing any brush bristles side first. Haven’t used the case since.

Top Bottom