What's new

Brush suggestions

Im thinking about picking up a Thater before Phil runs out of them over at bullgoose. Ive never had a nice badger, in fact the only one i have ever had was an EJ BBB and ive since fell in love with my SOC boar and Semogue 2011 LE boar. However, i think it would be neat to try out a nice badger brush. I really like the Plexi looking brushes but other than that i dont really know what im looking for. I bowl lather with a DB 1.5 scuttle.

Any suggestions?

If you ant a nice badger, the Thater will do that but they are quite soft...nothing like the backbone you get from a boar or 2-band. They are not Vulfix-floppy though, and have a fair amount of density. I have the 4125/1 and love it. I would just pick out one that fits the size knot you think you would like.

Im thinking about picking up a Thater before Phil runs out of them over at bullgoose. Ive never had a nice badger, in fact the only one i have ever had was an EJ BBB and ive since fell in love with my SOC boar and Semogue 2011 LE boar. However, i think it would be neat to try out a nice badger brush. I really like the Plexi looking brushes but other than that i dont really know what im looking for. I bowl lather with a DB 1.5 scuttle.

Any suggestions?

I would just pick out one that fits the size knot you think you would like.

I've heard it said, and I pretty much agree with: The bulb shape of the Thaters (and others with similar bulb shape) don't feel quite as large as a fan or fan hybrid in same diameter because a smaller portion of the brush is touching your face. So, I wouldn't necessarily be discouraged from buying one size larger than you think you might like. I'm a 2-band fan, but still really like my Thater 49125/1, bought from Phil.

I've heard it said, and I pretty much agree with: The bulb shape of the Thaters (and others with similar bulb shape) don't feel quite as large as a fan or fan hybrid in same diameter because a smaller portion of the brush is touching your face. So, I wouldn't necessarily be discouraged from buying one size larger than you think you might like. I'm a 2-band fan, but still really like my Thater 49125/1, bought from Phil.

Not only that, but the shape gives 'em a lot of backbone for such soft tips.

Top Bottom