What's new

Brush storage question

And I even let my wife keep her DE razors in MY cabinet!

E6A80B3B-5F05-4BA4-9AD2-7ACEE5B00F5C.jpeg

I have a shaving "box in the basement" for all shave overflow (soaps, creams, DE, blades & brushes). I save the brush boxes for storage. My frequently used brushes are kept in my nightstand drawer, after drying out for 24-48 hours on top of the nightstand. Any overflow or seldom used brushes are kept in "the basement box". Sometimes brushes stay in the box for years, before being used. Never had a problem as long as they are stored dried.

OMG Trust me I don't see any problems at all apart from the one you need a bigger brush cabinet for sure, This is a cabinet I use it is a corner unit in two parts top part is brushes bottom part is soaps. And yes I did add 2 extra shelves the lower 2 it's now holding 221 brushes in there now, but thinking of making it bigger or should I say taller.

8.jpg

Oh yes! Do take advice from the Ice-Man. He's a man who doesn't see a problem because he hasn't got a problem!
And the Lord saith "the blind shall lead the blind..."

If you stuff them in tubes and put them in drawers, you won't see them...or use them. Is that really what you bought them for...or want now?

That's why I keep mine on view so I can see them in full glory ....

Oh yes! Do take advice from the Ice-Man. He's a man who doesn't see a problem because he hasn't got a problem!
And the Lord saith "the blind shall lead the blind..."

I agree!!! I don't have a problem only others do, and you have to lead the lost souls into the light when you need to hide things then you have a problem.

But like I said I see them in the glory and it helps picking my next shaving brush for that day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like looking at my brushes and most of these brushes are excellent and I have a nice rotation of some sort, "out of sight out of mind" is what I'm trying to avoid. Wither you store brushes upright or downward drying time is very similar as long as you flick and towel wipe a few times and leave in the open air to dry. I prefer mine downward but testing for drying has proven not any difference really to speak of.
These guitar clamps are perfect for my needs because they are adjustable and I have been using mine for a few months now and nothing bad to say about them and they can be used for holding razors also.
I shortened 4 and kept 4 original length, I would just leave them longer if you have a larger collection. They are not a eye sore and are very strong and inexpensive IMO.

Brush collage of new brush and razor holder..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have some brush holders glued to the side of a cabinet, like many of us do. Some brushes are stored inside the cabinet, just make sure they are dried before you put them inside. I also have a box of brushes not used longer at present time stored in my basement; the brushes are in my brush tubes and the box hold a dozen or so. Again, just make sure the brush is completely dry before you put it into any enclosure (tube, cabinet or even the brush box).

i didn’t do anything fancy but you can see it here. Most everything is in there. I just don’t try and make space anymore as I will just go and buy stuff faster. I look before I buy. I’ve saved many repeats that way. That could be something you could do to add more storage. Something that would look better if you have the time and skill is to actually add new shelves inside instead of my makeshift shelves.

can tell you from experience you’ll eventually start looking at new storage options. Nothing has jumped out at me yet. I like to keep must everything hidden from light. If I did something glass it would need to have it protection. You’ll sell and then find the stuff back with you years latter. Shuffle things around, find you have stuff you don’t use as much and take it out, have new found space and eventually fill that space. This stalemate has worked in my favor as it makes me stop to think if I want to add

8E0BAC1E-BE96-4A1C-9638-7F25C933C25E.jpeg

What I did was the simple solution here. I got a couple of Tupperware storage containers and moved out the soaps I didn’t use very often. PROBLEM SOLVED! Now I have room for another 2 dozen brushes!
Let's hope the crowd in the Shaving Soaps subforum doesn't find out what you did to the soaps. Hahahaha
I promise I won't tell...
Just don't go there and start complaining you ran out of space...
:biggrin1:

Top Bottom