What's new

Brush stand help

I use an adjustable stand from Fendrihan. It fits every brush handle I own. I highly recommend it.

That one is cool. 😎

When I first started, I have only like 3 brushes so I made my own shave rack for hanging brushes and razors...
20190817_214541.jpg

With the extra pieces of wood, I made/cut some easily assemble mini travel rack for brush and razors, as I travel often for work...
20190705_210427.jpg

20190707_221628.jpg

20190822_220022.jpg

Now, with more than 10 brushes...all my shave brushes and razors are out from the moist bathroom into a proper den...I use some cheap metal clothes hanger (USD0.35) to hang them up as there is no place for all of them standing...
20200628_234408.jpg

Hope these can give you some ideas...

I will echo the 'no stand necessary' comments. To me, it's not needed as brushes will dry on their own, regardless of orientation. If you give it a good shake, I don't feel you're going to get additional evaporation/water loss if it's upside down. It'd be one thing if you are leaving a lot of water in the knot (i.e. - no shaking), but it seems insignificant (to me) if you've already removed most of the water before leaving it to dry. As always, YMMV!

I think the OP now knows, as he probably knew before, that he doesn’t have to buy a stand. Now that we got that over with.
The one above, that is adjustable looks super. I wish I’d seen that when I was in the market.

Reactions: bjm

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like the idea of making your own. It depends how your handyman skills and your level of confidence. My handyman skills are legendary on the poor side. I would like to see something that you make if you travel down that path.

I like the idea of making your own. It depends how your handyman skills and your level of confidence. My handyman skills are legendary on the poor side. I would like to see something that you make if you travel down that path.
My handyman skills would give yours some serious competition. Honestly, my wife could build one for me if she really wanted. She is the artistic one who also works more hands-on (design/construction). I am just a sod who works in IT .. LOL.

I actually ended up getting 3 of the XL stands from Maggards. I am just using them for brushes and not the razors but they have worked pretty well so far.

Once upon a time I purchased a stand for each new brush. Then I realized that the stands took up room that could be used for more brushes!! :a29::a29:

Seriously, purchase stands if that is what you want but they really are not necessary!

I didn't have room to store my brushes and those carousel types took up too much space. So I got this (two

actually)
Triton.jpeg

Mfr (Triton) claims it holds up to a 26mm but I found that's the diameter of the circular part. The neck is narrower and could pinch some hairs off a 26mm so I took a file to it and it turned out fine. Not the cheapest but they work for me.

Last edited:
Once upon a time I purchased a stand for each new brush. Then I realized that the stands took up room that could be used for more brushes!! :a29::a29:

Seriously, purchase stands if that is what you want but they really are not necessary!
My plan is to keep an active rotation (of sorts):2 x Synthetic + 2 x Badger brushes. The rest go in the drawer. Definitely not necessary but I prefer to store them this way.

I use an adjustable stand from Fendrihan. It fits every brush handle I own. I highly recommend it.

This is a great idea!!
Someone was thinking. I bet they sell a ton of these.

I use a stand because I like it. I have had the same issues where the commonly available options fit the brushes rather poorly. At this point I only have one brush that just doesn’t fit, even around the base of the knot. For this brush, I rest it in a bowl on its side and place it near a small fan to help expedite dry time. I use a fan to help dry my artisan soaps and my brushes after I shave.

I think stand or no stand, bristles up or bristles down ultimately doesn’t matter. Air circulation is key. What I do is by no means necessary but it does yield very good results.

this argument almost compares to the argument of what is the right way to park a car, pull in or back in.... stay between the lines and it’s all good. Put your wet brush somewhere it can Breath a little and you’re good.

Top Bottom