What's new

Brush side up or side down?

Enclosed space..... like inside a house?

Sorry, just could not resist.

The brush and its wet hair...really does not care if it is dried upside or upside down, or tilted to any degree. Water evaporates in pretty much all three dimensional settings the same...
Only one rule: never put a wet or moist brush into an enclosed space.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I leave my user brushes in the shower rack. Been going on 5 years and the brushes are fine. Of course if you have a 500.00 brush you would probably take better care if it. Ultimately I think a well made brush is very durable and can hold up to a lot of abuse, to the point the orientation of it while drying is probably a non factor. YMMV

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Enclosed space..... like inside a house?

Sorry, just could not resist.
Haha, I knew some smart guy would make a comment...I meant an enclosure like a small bathroom cabinet, or a brush tube.
You don't believe what some people do to their brushes.

I always store my brushes on the base of the handle only because I was the one that set the knots in said handles and all were epoxied in and when I am done using a brush and have cleaned it under the faucet it receives several flicks of the wrist to remove water from it and can vouch that my brushes are completely dry within a mere few hours so no worries of any problems at all...

Pretty much what the others said. It doesn't really matter how your wet/moist brush is standing as long as you don't put it in the drawer, cabinet, small wet bathroom, brush tube etc. Also, synthetic brushes tend to be more care free and require little to no maintenance unlike natural brushes (especially badgers).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I dry mine sideways.... in a small shaving bowl that I only use as a brush stand/holder: I bought it because it's pretty. ;)

SOTD1 (2).jpg

Top Bottom