What's new

Brush Shampoo

I really like washing my hair with a shampoo bar and figured that since it left my hair squeaky clean without any residue that I'd use it on my brushes.

I can't believe the difference it made in how they look and they're all still drying. It cleaned out all the residue from the soaps and creams I've used over the last year and it gave them a long-overdue sprucing up.

I look forward to seeing how they look when they're dry.

I really like washing my hair with a shampoo bar and figured that since it left my hair squeaky clean without any residue that I'd use it on my brushes.

I can't believe the difference it made in how they look and they're all still drying. It cleaned out all the residue from the soaps and creams I've used over the last year and it gave them a long-overdue sprucing up.

I look forward to seeing how they look when they're dry.

Do you think it makes a difference compared to just regular dish soap? I've thought about using shampoo in the past but figured there may be some stuff in there that isn't ideal for brushes. Not that its damaging per se, just not the best solution for cleaning

Do you think it makes a difference compared to just regular dish soap? I've thought about using shampoo in the past but figured there may be some stuff in there that isn't ideal for brushes. Not that its damaging per se, just not the best solution for cleaning

I use the shampoo bar on my own hair so I figured it is going to work ok with the brush. I'd imagine that dish soap would be more of a detergent type of thing. I'm not opposed to that but if I can use something that works great on my own hair to clean up the brushes that I use on my face I figure why not.

For several years I've recommended the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo for cleaning brushes. It does a great job of removing residue, especially if you have hard water (like I do).

(It's also great to remove residue from your hair. Ever notice how your favorite shampoo quits working after a while? Its shampoo residue. You can go back to your favorite after using the Neutrogena for a few weeks.)

Top Bottom