What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

The Badger & Blade forum has giving me a lot of enjoyment for over 5 years now since I joined and now this wonderful B&B brush gives me more enjoyment in this great hobby. I used it for the first time tonight and it did not disappoint me. This brush is top shelf all the way.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The Badger & Blade forum has giving me a lot of enjoyment for over 5 years now since I joined and now this wonderful B&B brush gives me more enjoyment in this great hobby. I used it for the first time tonight and it did not disappoint me. This brush is top shelf all the way.

Good to see you enjoying it so much!

Are these brushes still available and will anymore be released? I have seen a few different colour versions, the 10th anniversary is $40 on WCS and shipping to the UK is another $20!! Is it worth me spending $60 on....?

Thanks,

Scott

Are these brushes still available and will anymore be released? I have seen a few different colour versions, the 10th anniversary is $40 on WCS and shipping to the UK is another $20!! Is it worth me spending $60 on....?

Thanks,

Scott
I bought the 10AE Essential brush when it was on sale for $30.
I used it a few times to test it and break it in and put it away and went back to using my Semogue boars. The 10AE is now a treasured part of my brush collection, but I don't use it to shave with anymore.

For $60 shipped, you can get a much better brush for a lot less money. If you want this as a collectible, then buy it, because ... well, just because. If you want it to shave with, then don't buy this one.

Your Welcome,

David

Thanks,
Scott

I agree with the last post. If you want it as a collectible then go for it. As a boar brush it is a very good one but at $60. I think I would pass on it. Although it is a beautiful brush. Pictures don't do it justice.

That's for the response guys. I've heard it's a very good brush but I agree the price is steep. Could you recommend me a brush of the same quality that's not as expensive?

Thanks,

Scott

The Semogue 1250 is a great brush. It has a 22 mm knot like the B&B brush and a 55 mm loft.

1250.jpg
The Semogue 1250 is a great brush.

Last edited:
I love Semogue boar brushes. They take about 90 days to reach full break in, but the wait is worth it.

I have the 1305, the 620, the SOC x2, and a 2010 Blond Custom group buy. All are great performers, but each has unique characteristics. My favorite of these is the Custom blond. My next one will probably be a pair of 610s, one in Red and one in Black.

Here is a chart that lists the full range of Semogue boars with their specs.
Category:Semogue Brushes

Other brands of brushes have a similar chart on the parent page of this link.

Top Bottom