What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

Those look great!

I wonder if there will be a way to pick up a set some time soon...............

Please do not read more into this than my pure speculation:

A good time for a full set to show up would be for the Sue Moore Memorial Auction on the 19th.

Again, I have no knowledge of this being planned.

AND BY THE WAY, MY PURPLE ONE ARRIVED TODAY!!! To replace the blue one our dog got and chewed the bristles off! LOL! We still love her!

Sweet!!! Store it high and out of reach!!! Time permitting, I'll be making a cabinet to keep things above nose level this weekend. :biggrin1:

Please do not read more into this than my pure speculation:

A good time for a full set to show up would be for the Sue Moore Memorial Auction on the 19th.

Again, I have no knowledge of this being planned.

That's what I was thinking as well. Not sure I'd go for a full set but I am kicking myself on missing a couple of the colours.

i think i'm going to have to pull the trigger on the purple. It will be my first foray into boar brushes
You won't regret it.. I was expecting it to be similar to a pure badger....prickly was pleasantly surprised. Lots of backbone and soft tips that break-in even softer after a dozen or so uses.

You won't regret it.. I was expecting it to be similar to a pure badger....prickly was pleasantly surprised. Lots of backbone and soft tips that break-in even softer after a dozen or so uses.
+1
These are my go-to brushes for soaps. It's almost like having a badger softness with lots of backbone for soaps. I love them!

ok, you all talked me into it. Order has been placed. Had a little shopping spree while i was at it. ordered a block of cella, and went over to amazon and ordered a 12 pack of arko, and 100 astra blades :w00t:

Used my purple handled B&B brush today..... I still think mine is not stuffed as densely as my other B&B brushes that I have collected it is a obvious difference...... not the reason behind this post though. I used it regardless with petal pusher fancies "briar" artisan soap and damn did that brush whip a lather like no ones business. Low density or not it still is doing a great job.

Had my first shave with it today. I couldn't believe how soft it was, yet it loaded and lathered up in no time. Definitely has more scritch than my Muhle silvertip fibre though.

just picked up my package. unfortunate there wasn't an European located supplier also for 2 brushes i had to add 20 euro tax and administration costs making total cost for 2 brushes i bit over 85$. oh well its a nice looking brush anyway :D

my first boar brush first time i tried it with WMF but i found the light smell of the brush was a bit too strong for the gentle MWF scent.
after that i decided to use cella since it has a very strong scent.

Last edited:
My weapons of choice.
$Boston-20131017-00384.jpg

Anyone looking to get the next B&B Essential now?
full

For anyone who missed one of the previous colors and doesn't want to wait years for it to come around again, check out the Sue Moore Memorial auction lot #113 - The Full Set of B&B Essential Brushes.

That's what I was thinking as well. Not sure I'd go for a full set but I am kicking myself on missing a couple of the colours.

I hope so, I'm finding myself wanting to collect them all.

Sorry to arrive late at the party - which colors are already sold (scrolling through the thread I read blue, red, yellow), which are still to come? Is there a way to order a specific color (e.g. smoke)?

Boy THAT sounds familiar! Our Golden Retriever puppy got mine and got about half the bristles snipped off before my wife noticed.

I have a purple one on the way, I hope it arrives today.

In answer to Aschecte -- the picture put up by spike22 looks just about as full as my blue one. Before the puppy damage, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom