What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

What the specifics of the knot are I personally don't know ... I wasn't part of the creation process ... but I do know that the knot was made to custom specs ...

Thanks for the info mate!

Then, considering that this will be a continuosly produced brush in large batches I'll wait until the first reviews before deciding if its performance worth buying it or not, because aesthetically I have clear that it's really beautiful! But I need to know what else appart from a personalized better handle can offer me compared with my other Omega boar brushes (I have three in different sizes)

Cheers!

It's a nice brush, I didn't realize it's like, all blue and the upper black portion, at least to me just looks that way because the bottom of the knot is black. At least I think? It's in the bathroom and I didn't really closely inspect it.

So......the entire base is just a solid clear blue? Huh, I thought it looked like a blue and black swirl in the pic, guess that is just refraction through the clear blue? That's a little disappointing, but could still be cool. I'm interested to see how the shape fits in the hand

Ordered mine in the middle of the night, and by mid-day I had an email saying it was shipped already. This is my first order with these guys, so that made me happy already :thumbup:

Checked the FedEx website this morning out of curiosity, It was scheduled to get here tomorrow, suprised to see that it was "Out for Delivery" :blink:

Shaved with it for the first time a few minutes ago, tips are already very soft. Seemed like it held onto more lather than my 620 (took awhile to rinse it all out), but I expect that will get much better with time. Didn't really hold much water, fine by me. I like to dip the tips in water a little at a time until I build up a nice lather.

A pretty good amount of boar stink, but that's to be expected. After a few shampoo's and a shave, the smell faded quite a bit. I expect it will be gone in a few days.

Overall? Very impressed. This and my 620 are going to be my "go-to" brushes once I get this guy broken in all the way. Definitely a favorite. Cant wait to see what the next color will be, probably gonna pick one up for my Dad.

Got mine tonight. Handle is solid. Nice size knot (seems a little lofty though...)

Regarding the color. I realize my eyes aren't that great, but the blue at the bottom is much darker than it appears in the photo. To me, its like dark navy blue. To be honest, not what I was expecting or hoping for in terms of color palette. The badger logo is nice, but as said earlier that giant TM sticks out like a sore thumb.

Please don't take this as complaining, only honest first impressions. I'm glad to own it and I'm thankful for those that made it happen.

Jury is in on this new brush.

First of all..this is not like any of my other boar brushes (Omegas and Semogue). It if FAR softer than any boar or pure badger I've ever used. That is a good thing.

It did a decent job of whipping up a load of RazoRock Classic but it did take some work. The Omega 11126 and Semogue 1305 fare better here but then it will probably get better with time.

Handle is a substantial piece; could be larger (for me) but it is a proper shave brush grip. Up there with the solid British brushes, nice looking too.

Price is spot on...this is a bargain.

I have always been a big Omega fan..this just makes me a bigger one.

To the guys that have already received their B&B Essential... Is the handle all blue or blue and black like the photo seems to indicate?

To the OP or the select few that collabotated on the R&D of the brush... For us boar bristle fans, what is the bristle type of the Omega knot? I see that it was carefully slected and unique. Do the bristles/tops have some sort of rating like the Semogues (best, premium, super)?

To the guys that have already received their B&B Essential... Is the handle all blue or blue and black like the photo seems to indicate?

As I said above, that photo is very misleading, and I was disappointed by that. Here is a quick pic I took to show you how it actually looks. To my eyes, which arent the best, its a black top with a very dark navy blue that I have to strain to distinguish the difference.

Attachments

• $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 512
Thanks John! That looks way different that the WCS photo but I still like it.

No worries! I like it also, it feels good in hand and I'll give it a lather tonight if I can. I just really liked the distinct black and blue in the promo photo and was disappointed that it wasn't. I'm going to be wary of the future colors before considering a purchase.

I'm very tempted to take a Sharpie or some black nail polish to that TM logo though.....

There are a lot of accomplished photographers here (not me though!). Perhaps someone could capture the true essence of the brush and send the photos to WCS. I guess another possibility is compuetr screens can also change the way the image is seen. I've had that happen before. Either way, I'm glad for this offer and hope my brush gets here soon! This will be my first B&B item in my shave den!

So.....when this run is over (and I'm guessing fast approaching if only 150), what's the colour of the next run?
Or the colour of the run after Christmas when I can finally order one?

There are a lot of accomplished photographers here (not me though!). Perhaps someone could capture the true essence of the brush and send the photos to WCS. I guess another possibility is compuetr screens can also change the way the image is seen. I've had that happen before. Either way, I'm glad for this offer and hope my brush gets here soon! This will be my first B&B item in my shave den!

I know my photo isn't great, but its showing up (for me) pretty true to how it really looks. But there could be some variations for others. I don't think the distinct difference from the promo photo can be chalked up to those variables though. I don't think it'd matter sending it to WCS. They know what it looks like and can see every one they send out. It comes in a clear thin plastic box like the Semogues do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the brush in the promo photo is taken from a prototype or different model, and the lot they actually created came out a darker blue.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The WCS photo has more back lighting, but the color is dead on and has not changed. Depending on how you hold the brush the color changes from a dark blue to a light blue. The knot itself is set in black, but it is blue around the edges.

Last edited:
I received mine yesterday and the color was a surprise to me as well. I was expecting more contrast with a more translucent blue. Its still a great brush, soft dense tips in a boar, nice size and weight. I used it this morning! :thumbup: I like it, thanks for putting it together!

I'm sorry Mike, I have to respectfully disagree. I've held that brush at every angle under every lighting condition I can find. It is not the same as the photo.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I'm sorry Mike, I have to respectfully disagree. I've held that brush at every angle under every lighting condition I can find. It is not the same as the photo.

Like everyone else, it was darker than I expected. However, when held it up to the light, I thought it did look like the WCS photo. I will check again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom