What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

A really beautiful boar brush for sure! It's tempting me badly... Only a question: I already have a couple of Omega boar brushes of about 24-25mm. knot so I would like to ask: anyone knows if there's any difference about the hair of this brush compared to other Omega boars appart from the knot size? More dense, different tips treatment or what?

Thankssss!

ugh. I don't know why I even try keeping any of my money. hate you all. bunch of tempters and enablers, that's what you are! :lol:

Order 89433 :thumbup:

I used mine won during the auctions last night. It whipped up a great lather using proraso green, and has plenty of backbone to handle hard soaps.

Just ordered one! My first boar; I was planning on ordering a Semogue 830 this week and was pleasantly surprised to see these still in stock...probably still order the Semogue anyway...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Only a question: I already have a couple of Omega boar brushes of about 24-25mm. knot so I would like to ask: anyone knows if there's any difference about the hair of this brush compared to other Omega boars appart from the knot size?

This is a custom knot (not just a production knot jammed into a fancy handle) with extra hair that was developed by a group of boar afficianados who tested prototypes before being satisfied. This brush is made entirely by Omega.

full

What the specifics of the knot are I personally don't know ... I wasn't part of the creation process ... but I do know that the knot was made to custom specs ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked this earlier but received no reply. Now that some have it in hand, what is the handle material? How does it feel?

it just arrived...! IT'S GREAT! A Baystate Blue shaving brush!!!

Soaking the funk out - after a couple of rinses, I just know this is going to be a fabulous brush - the tips are soft already....

The handle fits mighty nice in my hand - great polymer (?) handle, great color, great knot!

I'm very excited - SBAD is BACK!!!!!

To all involved in drawing this one up, testing, etc.: very very well done, Gentlemen. Many thanks.

(and Kudos to John & co. at WCS - very fast turnaround on my order, as usual.)

So here I sit patiently awaiting the USPS guy in the funny pith helmet who I KNOW (courtesy of the modern marvel..THE INTERNET!!!) has my pretty blue brush in his truck out for delivery. Hell we're picking up a new car today in a couple hours and I'm more looking forward to getting this damn brush.

The decision to ponder right now is what soap/cream will be used for the all-important first shave?

Thinking it will be a close call among RazoRock Classic, C&E Nomad, and Tabac. Being Italian and all, Razorock currently has the lead in the "probably" standings

I test lathered it with Razorock XXX. It was... alright. Typical boar, could use some break in. Bowl lathered it on purpose for the rougher bowl bottom to soften the tips.

It's a nice brush, I didn't realize it's like, all blue and the upper black portion, at least to me just looks that way because the bottom of the knot is black. At least I think? It's in the bathroom and I didn't really closely inspect it.

John, The material issss... A hard plastic of some type. Feels the same as everything else, lol. I knocked on it with my knuckles a bit and it's quite solid, and.. made the same noise as a Rooney? lol. I really am not the best at describing it since I don't know the actual name for whatever material it is being used.

I test lathered it with Razorock XXX. It was... alright. Typical boar, could use some break in. Bowl lathered it on purpose for the rougher bowl bottom to soften the tips.

It's a nice brush, I didn't realize it's like, all blue and the upper black portion, at least to me just looks that way because the bottom of the knot is black. At least I think? It's in the bathroom and I didn't really closely inspect it.

John, The material issss... A hard plastic of some type. Feels the same as everything else, lol. I knocked on it with my knuckles a bit and it's quite solid, and.. made the same noise as a Rooney? lol. I really am not the best at describing it since I don't know the actual name for whatever material it is being used.

Thanks Mike! That sounds like what I was expecting. Just wanted to be sure it wouldn't be one of Omegas cheap plastic handles, like the other two I've owned. We shall see what I think of its performance!

The anticipation!!! I just ordered mine and checking in and seeing that you guys have yours is adding to the suspense. Aaaarrrgggh!

I'm wondering if John at WCS or other boar brush afficianados can answer the technical questions... Handle material - resin or acrylic? What other Omega is the knot simiar to?

Will this thread grow into a photo-share of our B&B EBs? The day we added to the den... First lather... Post-bloom....

Just shaved with mine, face lathered with Arco and got a beautiful lather. The size is perfect and the color really beautiful. I expect after it's broken in, it will be a favorite. Waiting for the next color.

Top Bottom