What's new

Brush restoration

I just grabbed an old Dubl Duck aluminum handled brush from Ebay. I am get it polished up then I want to have it sent out to have the nasty old bristles replaced with some nice badger hair. Any ideas who can do this for a reasonable price or if it can be done with this? Seemed like a cool idea at the time....

:w00t:

here it is:

proxy.php

EnGarde said:
I just grabbed an old Dubl Duck aluminum handled brush from Ebay. I am get it polished up then I want to have it sent out to have the nasty old bristles replaced with some nice badger hair. Any ideas who can do this for a reasonable price or if it can be done with this? Seemed like a cool idea at the time....

:w00t:

here it is:

proxy.php
Very cool. Be sure to let us know what route you go and how things turn out.

I had Bernd at Shavemac rebristle 2 of my old ivory brushes last year. The quality was excellent and the turnaround time was very fast.

proxy.php

I imagine there are choices to make regarding type of badger hair, but roughly how much (if you don't mind sharing) does a rebristle run?

How does it perform?

Rick

dadwasright said:
I imagine there are choices to make regarding type of badger hair, but roughly how much (if you don't mind sharing) does a rebristle run?

How does it perform?

Rick

Rick.....
I had these done last August so there may be some price increases. The charges were as follows:

Repair service.............$12.00
23mm Silver Tip knot.....64.00
25mm Silver Tip knot.....72.00
Shipping.......................12.00

Total..........................$160.00

You can, of course, use a lesser grage of hair.

I don't use these very often but they do lather like a Shavemac, which is to say extremely well. You won't be disappointed in Bernd's quality.

thnaks for the info... does the knot size you use depend on the brush itself? Or can they use either one do you think?

The knot size is going to depend on the size of the socket in your old handle.
Going smaller and filling the gap with epoxy would look bad and enlarging the socket might not be possible.

Top Bottom