What's new

Brush Restoration-who knew?

Who knew two months ago when I returned to DE razors and wet shaving that I would fall in love with old brushes. When I started out I stocked my den with boars and badgers and synthetics, all new. Then I caught a glimpse of the old timers on Ebay. It would be great, I thought, if I could send some of these gems off to get them restored. I gradually acquired the sources for new knots and restoration services. At first I was afraid I lacked the skill and the tools to do a proper job. That is still the case but this forum has instilled the confidence I need to attempt my first one and practice till I get proficient. I have found a mountain of information and a resident faculty to teach me what I need to know. Imagine that!

I began stockpiling my cache of future projects and have yet to pick the first candidate. I have six so far and more on the way. Some I know will be "sacrificed" to the learning curve, however, I am also confident that if I go slow and patiently even my first restorations could be successful.

Thanks for this new opportunity to express myself.

Steve

I think there could be a Dremel in my future, but which one?
Harbor freight has a cheap kit that is good for the light stuff, but not full on knot removal (drill is better) They do have a high rate of failure sadly so keep the packaging. If I remember correctly though when they're on sale with a 20% off coupon from their site that they are only $7

Top Bottom