What's new

Brush recommendations from Ali express sale

As you may know, Ali express is having its anniversary sale with good mark-downs. What are some recommendations for some badger and syntphetic brushes from Ali express vendors? Thanks

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy the Yaqi brand of brushes they are more upper mid range quality and very affordable.
Of the 8 Yaqi badger brushes I really enjoy these 6 that are awesome for my shaving needs.
If you want a nice soft pillow face feel with nice gentle scrubbing the Silver tip badgers are real nice, these are not really floppy because they are high density knots and are excellent painters IMO.
The Yaqi 2 band badgers(Finest) are really nice you get the soft pillow tips with a little more back bone for scrubbing and are great lather painters IMO.
(L>R)
1- :thumbup::thumbsup: Yaqi Aqua high mountain 24mm Silvertip, it is not as soft at the tips as the other silver tips, might feel a little prickly at times, after 6 or more uses it's feel softens a bit and great brush. This hair is from a different species of badger from my understanding.
2- :thumbup::thumbup1:Yaqi artic sky 24mm Silvertip badger, excellent face feel and nice scrub + great painter.
3- :thumbup::thumbup:Yaqi 24mm mysterious space Silvertip badger, Awesome Silvertip, real nice face feel, gentle scrub + excellent painter. I like the handle on this brush for feel in the hand.
4- :thumbup::thumbup:Yaqi 24mm mountain lake 2 band badger, very nice soft tips, good scrubber, great painter.
5- :thumbup::thumbsup:Yaqi 24mm barber pole 2 band badger, very nice soft tips, good scrubber, great painter.
6- :thumbup::thumbup1:Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia 2 band badger, very nice soft tips, good scrubber + painter and is the smallest badger I have!
Yaqi favorite badger brushes..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I really enjoy the Yaqi brand of brushes they are more upper mid range quality and very affordable.
Of the 8 Yaqi badger brushes I really enjoy these 6 that are awesome for my shaving needs.
If you want a nice soft pillow face feel with nice gentle scrubbing the Silver tip badgers are real nice, these are not really floppy because they are high density knots and are excellent painters IMO.
The Yaqi 2 band badgers(Finest) are really nice you get the soft pillow tips with a little more back bone for scrubbing and are great lather painters IMO.
(L>R)
1- :thumbup::thumbsup: Yaqi Aqua high mountain 24mm Silvertip, it is not as soft at the tips as the other silver tips, might feel a little prickly at times, after 6 or more uses it's feel softens a bit and great brush. This hair is from a different species of badger from my understanding.
2- :thumbup::thumbup1:Yaqi artic sky 24mm Silvertip badger, excellent face feel and nice scrub + great painter.
3- :thumbup::thumbup:Yaqi 24mm mysterious space Silvertip badger, Awesome Silvertip, real nice face feel, gentle scrub + excellent painter. I like the handle on this brush for feel in the hand.
4- :thumbup::thumbup:Yaqi 24mm mountain lake 2 band badger, very nice soft tips, good scrubber, great painter.
5- :thumbup::thumbsup:Yaqi 24mm barber pole 2 band badger, very nice soft tips, good scrubber, great painter.
6- :thumbup::thumbup1:Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia 2 band badger, very nice soft tips, good scrubber + painter and is the smallest badger I have!
View attachment 1431333
Have some great shaves!

The center brush in the middle of your picture, that handle speaks to me, its like having the universe at your fingertips. Curious to know if that brush is badger or synthetic? I have a silver tipped badger brush I am waiting on from China.

You know one thing I've noticed about some brush handles? Some of them look like Chess pieces. It really makes me want to buy a bunch of those brushes just to use for a Chess game. I know silly idea, but you must admit, it be funny. lol

2 Synths and a Badger recommendation from me:
Left Yaqi Rainbow Pony - soft and splays well
Right Yaqi Bali Beehive - good backbone and a tiny bit of scrub
2nd pic Yaqi Obsidian 24mm Two Band - a biggish Allrounder with good backbone and scrub

EA8E68ED-4683-426C-9F02-4015ABF85EE6.jpeg

8CAFAF77-8676-40A0-9674-9DAE5072C0B2.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The center brush in the middle of your picture, that handle speaks to me, its like having the universe at your fingertips. Curious to know if that brush is badger or synthetic? I have a silver tipped badger brush I am waiting on from China.

You know one thing I've noticed about some brush handles? Some of them look like Chess pieces. It really makes me want to buy a bunch of those brushes just to use for a Chess game. I know silly idea, but you must admit, it be funny. lol
Those all badger brushes and I also have a lot of synthetics brushes also that have great face feel.

Top Bottom