What's new

Brush project.

Thanks guys! My Dad now wears full gear for turning. He wasn't initially irritaed - it took a few months of on and off turning for it to appear. So if you get a weird rash - just reddened and itchy and in the oddest places - waist band of jeans, neck creases then that's it. Also before ..... taking time to visit the restroom...wash your hands well. Love the cabinet - btw. If there were 8 or 10 more hours in the day...:)

Thank you, sir. If there were eight to ten hours more in the day, that would mean I could shave more right? ;)

Last edited:
Hello gents, I know it has been a little bit more than a week since my last update on the brush (my apologies, I was very busy). Anyways, I posted my final product in the brushmaker display thread but in case you didn't see it, I posted my final picture below. I was having the hardest time deciding on what to put on the bottom of the brush to finish it and then I found something that not only added weight but made the brush look very handsome, check it out:

$IMAG0143.jpg

That will look great hanging from your stand. Super classy. Did you plan on that to begin with or was that nice fit just fortuitous? Great addition in either case.

Thank you Dave. It actually wasn't planned, I just got lucky and it happened to coincide with my first love (the navy) so I stuck with it. I'm currently defunking ....those TGN knots stink!

The silver tip standard that I used wasn't nearly as bad the the finest. I've use the finest for a couple of weeks now and it is just now losing all the dead weasel stink. I did have to revert to unscented VDH due to some fragrance sensitivity. A couple of good soak and suds with Dawn, then use the strongest smelling soap you have. Good luck and I hope you had a good week.

Thank you MrLara, i don't know what it is actually, it was conical shaped and had a post on the inside that came with a small screw. Drawer pull knob maybe? Anyways, I tinkered and made it fit. I like the sixteenth reveal around the edges:)

Either one would work.

all i got is to drill the bottom of the handle with a holesaw, then glue it on there? but i would want to seal it with something so that the cap is under the see through sealer? (like this brush)
attachment.php

That's exactly how I was thinking of doing it. OR, you could trim the edge of the bottle cap down a bit and attempt to flatten the crinkled edges for a smoother installation. What do you have on the end of that brush?? Is it a clear cap?

Oh okay, I think I've seen this brush in another thread. Perhaps you could use a clear resin over top of it..I don't know how you'd get the shape on the end though.

I just found that same brush and read what he did. He said it was a poured clear poly resin. I've never done this but I can't imagine it's too tough.

Top Bottom