What's new

Brush PIF

My selection was the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. I have only one other quality boar brush and this one was the largest knot I've seen for boar. I used it this morning with Pre de Provence soap. Very nice. Consequently, I feel guilty for taking the only boar brush out of the lot. So, in addition to adding a Bevel badger brush, I've also included a never-before-used-only-soaked Van der Hagen boar brush, in addition to a surprise brand new puck of soap. The Marvy soap puck I received will have some time to wait until it's unwrapped. I've got a drawer full of brand new soaps awaiting some space in the den.

Not in but this could be an epic thread/PIF. I actually like my barely broken in SOC boar better than the SOC badger I PIF'ed many moons ago.. Subscribed!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My selection was the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. I have only one other quality boar brush and this one was the largest knot I've seen for boar. I used it this morning with Pre de Provence soap. Very nice. Consequently, I feel guilty for taking the only boar brush out of the lot. So, in addition to adding a Bevel badger brush, I've also included a never-before-used-only-soaked Van der Hagen boar brush, in addition to a surprise brand new puck of soap. The Marvy soap puck I received will have some time to wait until it's unwrapped. I've got a drawer full of brand new soaps awaiting some space in the den.

The SOC boar is great, and it gets much better once more broken in. You are going to love it. It would have been my choice had I been in the PIF, and had I not already had an SOC boar.

Happy shaves,

Jim

My selection was the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. I have only one other quality boar brush and this one was the largest knot I've seen for boar.

I wouldn't have been at all displeased if that one had lasted until my turn came up...in fact, I thought that's how it would shake out! But honestly, you can't lose here. The OP had a great idea and I look forward to extending it.

Received my package yesterday from emwolf. It was filled with choices a plenty. So I am new to WS and hope I did not step out of bounds but I picked 2 of the 5 brushes. I loved the cherrywood semogue brush and the crabtree and evelyn mainly because it had a made in England post one it. I really am excited to use both. I did use the Semogue this morning and was really excellent.
I really hope I did not step out of bounds with taking 2. But I did include 2 soap tubs to pass around.
Also thanks enwolf for the tub of razorrock soap. I did not use it this morning but will soon.

I really hope I did not step out of bounds with taking 2. But I did include 2 soap tubs to pass around.

I guess we'll see how the original poster feels...he was specific.
At any rate, I have a notion which brush of mine I'll be passing along when the time comes.

And I'm still waiting to see which newbies step up to participate. I feel a little bad because the OP's intent was to give them a chance to acquire something nicer. I didn't catch that at first myself.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Received my package yesterday from emwolf. It was filled with choices a plenty. So I am new to WS and hope I did not step out of bounds but I picked 2 of the 5 brushes. I loved the cherrywood semogue brush and the crabtree and evelyn mainly because it had a made in England post one it. I really am excited to use both. I did use the Semogue this morning and was really excellent.
Also thanks enwolf for the tub of razorrock soap. I did not use it this morning but will soon.

It seems out of line to me. Of course, I've never done anything wrong, but I do sell swamp land and bridges if you're interested.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm a little dissapointed. My intent was to give everyone that participated a chance at a really great brush. I would have liked to seen only one brush per person to keep the chain going longer, but it is what it is..

That is ok I have not sent it yet. I will add the one I did not use. I understand and appreciate the one brush and the surprise soap.
I'm a little dissapointed. My intent was to give everyone that participated a chance at a really great brush. I would have liked to seen only one brush per person to keep the chain going longer, but it is what it is..

I love this forum, we're so rational in discussions. It boggles my mind that the rest of the internet can't be this way. I love the fact that this was brought up, discussed without resorting to name-calling or any personal shaming and resolved. I say this calls for a virtual pizza party.
tenor (1).gif

I love this forum, we're so rational in discussions. It boggles my mind that the rest of the internet can't be this way. I love the fact that this was brought up, discussed without resorting to name-calling or any personal shaming and resolved. I say this calls for a virtual pizza party.
View attachment 851611
Yes I fell bad I even thought about keeping 2. I am so happy I discussed it and do not want to be on bad terms.
This is such a great forum and there are great people on this with many great thoughts. It is a small part of my life now.
Thanks to everyone.
Oh and I love pizza
Funny story about my wife and I and Pizza here it goes.
On our 1st date we meet and there was a pizza place in the area. I asked her is she liked pizza? She said I LOVE PIZZA?? So we went.
Later found out she really hates pizza and just said that to you know how it is when you 1st date.
So on that day EVERY year March 13 we go to that same pizza place as a reminder that she loves pizza. ha ha

Yes I fell bad I even thought about keeping 2. I am so happy I discussed it and do not want to be on bad terms.
This is such a great forum and there are great people on this with many great thoughts. It is a small part of my life now.
Thanks to everyone.
Oh and I love pizza
Funny story about my wife and I and Pizza here it goes.
On our 1st date we meet and there was a pizza place in the area. I asked her is she liked pizza? She said I LOVE PIZZA?? So we went.
Later found out she really hates pizza and just said that to you know how it is when you 1st date.
So on that day EVERY year March 13 we go to that same pizza place as a reminder that she loves pizza. ha ha
that's hilarious! Most of the places my wife and I went on our first date don't exist anymore. Even the 4 way stop intersection where I stole my first kiss is gone!

I am now ready to supplement the box when it reaches me.
"I love it when a plan comes together." (John "Hannibal" Smith)

Newbies, get on board! I can't believe that no one else has done so yet.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm really just bumping this very cool thread and PIF but I also want to ask the OP which people this PIF is intended for?

Is it for newbies? If so, is there a membership date cutoff? Is the PIF still open for people to join?

It is a really cool PIF, IMO.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'll let the OP express his own opinion(s)...but based on emwolf's contribution alone plus mine to come, there are still brushes to be distributed among the B&B community, along with some other goods.

Top Bottom