What's new

brush odor?

just bought a very nice Edwin Jagger best badger shaving brush....very nice
but how can I remove the beast odor???
I use it for the last week with D.R.Harris Marlborough shaving soap (very nice mohogany bowl) and 1-2 times with Proraso green but the odor still there.....

btw, I am not fond of the Marlborough odor...the lather is very nice and it gives me a very nice shave though :)

If I can get rid of the brush beast odor, the shaving experience would be better :)

I think most brushes exhibit the same issue. Mine stunk like roadkill, but I used shampoo on it, then hair conditioner. It greatly reduced the odor. By my third shave it was pretty much cured. Good luck!

My badger brush never stunk. Smelled fine right out of the box.

My boar brush that I just got smells like a wet dog. It's an ugly smell, but because I had dogs growing up, it's not entirely unpleasant. I'm sure it will go away in a week or so. The brush feels great, so I'll tolerate the smell for a few days.

I let my dog smell my my new knot from goldennib and I think he might be obsessed now. He smelled it, licked it, then tried to eat it. I guess he thought it was some sort of creature and he wanted to eat it. I had to hide it and now that it has been used, he seems to have no interest in it at all.

My boar brush that I just got smells like a wet dog. It's an ugly smell, but because I had dogs growing up, it's not entirely unpleasant.

My folks have four Welsh Springer Spaniels in their house. My mother claims that "dog hair is a condiment." :lol:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I let my dog smell my my new knot from goldennib and I think he might be obsessed now. He smelled it, licked it, then tried to eat it. I guess he thought it was some sort of creature and he wanted to eat it. I had to hide it and now that it has been used, he seems to have no interest in it at all.

Maybe I should do the same the next time I get a delivery from Tony, we have two dachshunds, which translates to "Badger Hound". These dogs were bred to hunt for badgers and foxes, due to their size and fearlessness they were released into the holes where these critters hide and flash them out.

just bought a very nice Edwin Jagger best badger shaving brush....very nice
but how can I remove the beast odor???
I use it for the last week with D.R.Harris Marlborough shaving soap (very nice mohogany bowl) and 1-2 times with Proraso green but the odor still there.....

btw, I am not fond of the Marlborough odor...the lather is very nice and it gives me a very nice shave though :)

If I can get rid of the brush beast odor, the shaving experience would be better :)

At least you know is genuine...

Agree with others, use an overnight soak in a couple tablespoons of borax and the smell will go away forever. Had bad-smell problems from finest quality silver tips to lowest quality boar. Borax soak cured every one.

Top Bottom