What's new

Brush Makers I Should Know About

I’ve been shaving my head daily for a few years now. I’ve got a few brushes, but I’d like to expand my collection. I’m not looking for expensive collector type brushes, and I have an open mind when it comes to shape, and material. So if I’m looking for brushes up to about $100 dollars, what brush makers should I be checking out? I’m familiar with Semoge, Simpson, Omega, and Yaqi. But I know there are many other excellent brush makers out there. Give me a few to consider. Thanks gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudy Vey.

In our Contributors Forum, there is currently a group buy for a brush taking place. Rudy is doing the work - the brushes look fantastic (a few personal choices available) and very good value.

Rudy Vey.

In our Contributors Forum, there is currently a group buy for a brush taking place. Rudy is doing the work - the brushes look fantastic (a few personal choices available) and very good value.

+2!! Rudy does great work and he is a true gentleman!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rudy Vey, Craving Shaving, Viking S&C, WildWestBrushWorks, are some that I would suggest. I've had great experiences with all of them.

Reactions: pk_
APShaveCo, WildWestBrushWorks, Rudy Vey, Maggard, Italian Barber, Stirling, Heritage Collection, Turn N Shave, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, etc. There are so many good options depending on what your tastes are.

Lots of great options already listed. A few more to overload your considerations with are Mozingo, Vlad Ferdman/LoveYourShave, and the proprietors at Viking and Oz Shaving are making some cool brushes nowadays too.

My favorites:
WildWest Brushworks - find his store on etsy. Quickly becoming my favorite. Right price/quality ratio.
Grizzly Bay - brushes drop on fridays at 5pm on website. they sell out fast, but they're not unobtainable. very nice.
heritage colleciton shaving - sells at website. these are really cool for that vintage look.
Dogwood Handcrafts - these are pretty much unobtanium. awesome though.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Zenith Soft Horse. Vendor photo.480.jpg

Zenith. I have their boars and Manchurians and know how great they are. I also have a Zenith extra soft horse (pictured) which is equally great. I would like a Zenith silvertip because I've heard very good things about them. There's an excellent vendor on eBay and also a Spanish vendor.

MS.30mm.BloomedDamp.Yaqi.New.24mm.Cropped.640JPG.JPG

Yaqi and Stirling badgers (two band and finest). Mine are very good brushes. The brush on the right is a Yaqi 24 mm two band.

MS (Maseto). The two I have are very nice indeed. The brush on the left is MS 30 mm silvertip. The vendor's on eBay.

Zenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

These are two Zeniths with copper handles, boar and Manchurian, the patina is easily removed but I like the tarnished look. The Manchurian is my very favorite of all brushes.

All the brushes mentioned are within your price range.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom