What's new

Brush ID

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Well, I recently received this brush (pass-down from someone else in the family) and would like to know if someone can give me more information about it.

Here's what I have, no markings (could be erased but every surface (side or under) is flat).

It's a transparent handle with a boar knot. I did not measure it but it's very comparable to my other boar brushes. The handle is shaped like a hexagon. The brush is used but I don't think it's that old. Knowing who it belonged to, I would say this brush spend a minimum of 10 years in storage before it got to me. So, it's at least 10 years old. I suspect something in the early 2000s or maybe in the 1990s... But can't be sure.

I did a google search but did not see that exact model. Having no name makes it very difficult. I think it could be an Omega but I didn't find the same model. Since I'm in Canada, it could also be something made by Wilkinson Sword (we have Omega and Wilkinson Sword brushes that are sold in a few pharmacies here and there).

So, any ideas?

Attachments

• Brush_1.jpg
    Brush_1.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Brush_2.jpg
    Brush_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Great looking brush. The only company I know of that has similar handles is Semogue. I don't own one but the handle has interested me enough to look on-line at them occasionally.

Luc

Staff member
I saw a few Semogues but the handle wasn't the exact same, I will try to look more into them.

Luc

Staff member
It's close to that Thater model but the top part (where the knot is set) is rounded. The hexagon faces are all equal on my brush.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It's made in Germany pre 1989...as it is marked West Germany. Hard to say which company made it. Maybe Thaeter, I doubt Shavemac made brushes then, they produced handles for the surrounding companies. Maybe a Victoria Bechhofen.
Some info found here:

And some more info on the topic Bechhofen here, I quote myself....

Thanks for the info & links, @Rudy Vey !

The above pics are from one I found on ebay for cheap. I don't believe it had been used before. I gave it a shampoo and a couple palm lathers. Then I just used it. The knot is ~19mm right above the handle, if I'm remembering correctly. It is a great little brush with a shave stick! I love the clear look and shape of the handle.

Luc

Staff member
@Blade4vor They look identical! It would make sense that it's a C&E brush since they are easily obtainable over here.

@Rudy Vey Thanks for the links mate!

Top Bottom