What's new

Brush I made not long ago

I made this with the large 30mm premium silvertip knot from TheGoldenNib. The handle is acrylic (obviously) and the knot is secured with two part epoxy. This was my first brush, originally made for me along with a matching razor. I went real conservative on the shape of the handle because the color and pattern speak enough. I have a new one on the way that I'll post when/if I remember.
shaving_brush.jpg
shaving_brush2.jpg

Looks pretty good. Did you make the handle or have it made?
I purchased the blank, but shaped it myself. So half and half. I intend to start casting my own blanks, but I need a pressure pot first. I have the resin for it, just not the budget for the pot...yet.

I thought about getting into blank making. And made the blank for the brush in my avatar, I mostly turn wood though and will probably only occasionally make blanks myself. I didn't use a pressure pot but it probably would have helped.

Nice job! I made a bottle stopper for my oldest daughter from that exact same blank. It’s not an easy one to turn, acrylic acetate has a reputation for being very prone to chipping and thus is one of the hardest - if not THE hardest - to turn. You took on quite a task if you’re not experienced with turning resin. I’d say it was a wise decision to stay conservative with the shape, you ended up with a nice looking brush instead of a handful of acrylic shards! Well done, especially for a first effort.

Thank for all the kind words. I just got two new knots and I have some walnut and maple cutoffs from a chessboard I made, maybe a chess themed brush is in the near future.

Top Bottom