What's new

Brush Holders

have any of the "handy men' come up with a wooden hand made multi- brush holder they are willing to sell?

Marty

I've built a combo proto type for myself. The problem with the brush holders is the different size knots require different sized slots. Make production more time consuming. I've almost sold all my razor racks so I'm planning another run. My idea is to not cut any slot till the customer orders and specifies what bush size slots he need.

mrs. chefchris said:
Can you make a rack with darker wood, without the price skyrocketing? I haven't a clue about these things. As you can probably tell.

JoAnna

If I leave the racks unfinished and unslotted I can stain to the customers specs within reason. Light brown, dark brown, reddish brown, mahogany are colors that I have.

Bob, I've considered making a single brush holder for myself, but I wondered about making a tapered slot, just in case I got a bigger brush in the future. Have you played around with that at all?

birchhook said:
Bob, I've considered making a single brush holder for myself, but I wondered about making a tapered slot, just in case I got a bigger brush in the future. Have you played around with that at all?

No, but it's a great idea, make the slot 7/8 at the back and 1 1/4 at the front.
Whn I had a slot that was tight for my fatboy I just took a rasp and sandpaper and enlarged it.

mrs. chefchris said:
Could you provide pictures of what those stains would look like on the wood?

Thanks.

JoAnna
No, I don't have any stain samples made up. Do you have a pic of what you'd like to match. Bob.

No, I'm not trying to match anything. I think the reddish-brown or the mahogany stains are colors I would like, but I"m not sure what they would turn out like.

All the work you have posted on here is wonderful. I suppose I could trust you not to produce anything garrish.

Thanks,
JoAnna

cooncatbob said:
No, I don't have any stain samples made up. Do you have a pic of what you'd like to match. Bob.

Top Bottom