What's new

Brush handle shapes- Please add pics of your favourites!

I proudly present three style of brush handles. The lavender is an Emilion, and is my wife's. The green is called bubblegum machine. And the butterscotch is a Beehive. All three were made by ShaverJoe, and all are 24 mm knots of Finest Badger #2.
$IMG_20140303_110130.jpg

These two would be my favorites, if they still sold them.

$Semogue 1550-dark green.jpg $Semogue 1550-light green.jpg

But since they are unfortunately no longer available, the Omega below will have to do.

$multi-colored omega 0146751.jpg

Yes, African Blackwood is pretty darn expensive. It was used to make piano keys. Blanks of that size (2"x2"x6") run about $45.00 if you can find it. Then there's the turning and you have resharpen the tools a lot (during the turning) because it is so hard. So it takes three times the length that then you get to finish it :). No big deal - lol.

Why would they be your favorites? Size of handle? shape? rarity? knot size and loft? Why do you love them? Use many words, lol thanks Kristin

This is my Erskine 750 50mm x 35mm. I have always been found of it. I have always been a fan of the #25 handle from shavemac also, they vary in size according to knot size. I will have to get a picture, but i do not like my color maybe some one has a nice #25 they can post, they fell superb in hand. BTW, what a great thread.
View attachment 424395

This is my Erskine 750 50mm x 35mm. I have always been found of it. I have always been a fan of the #25 handle from shavemac also, they vary in size according to knot size. I will have to get a picture, but i do not like my color maybe some one has a nice #25 they can post, they fell superb in hand. BTW, what a great thread.
View attachment 424395

I LOVE this. It looks awesome!!!! and very different, in a good way!!

If you all don't mind, wasn't there someone who was going to tabulate the answers? If you are and still working on it, please do not be offended. Thanks, K

Top Bottom