What's new

Brush hair getting knotted

I have a perfecto, I know, cheapo lol....any who, is it normal for brush hairs to get tangled/knotted? Or is this a feature with a cheapo brush??

I had the same problem with the perfecto brush. I bought it from Amazon when I first started DE shaving and the first time using it the knot tangled so bad I couldn't use it anymore, had to throw it away
I have other badger brushes just a tad more expensive then the Perfecto brush and I didn't have any problems with the them no matter how hard I use them

I have a perfecto, I know, cheapo lol....any who, is it normal for brush hairs to get tangled/knotted? Or is this a feature with a cheapo brush??
My first brush was an inexpensive tweezerman and the first time I tried it, I pressed way too hard and the center was a tangled mess. I thought it was done, but I teased the knot out with a sharp pair of tweezers. After that I used a much lighter touch and it's never happened again.

i had a high mountain badger knot on me as well as horse. It all depends. Don't push sop hard with the finer hair, just my rule of thumb.

a 10 dollar badger brush seems to be suspicious from folkses experiences. But I know you can go crazy with a 10 dollar omega boar brush.
The Perfecto brush looks to be the same as a Tweezerman or Escali. Fine hair and very floppy. I was able to bowl lather creams with it and paint the lather on. An Omega boar would have been a much better choice for my first brush.

Last edited:
I had a badger (not my escali-very similar to your cheapo) get matted or knotted a bit and I was able to get the mat worked loose by teasing and combing. Now I comb it fairly regularly, not like I'm combing my hair but just as a way to ensure it not getting messed up again.
I think my brush may have had a mat forming from the time first washed it and was made worse from an aggressive attempt to create lather with one of those olive oil shaving soap imposters.

The comb I use is kind of fine and I usually comb it after it has dried all day. BUT when it is damp the mat is a little easier to locate and start to work loose.

Top Bottom