What's new

Brush For Using With Facial Scrubs

This looks to be the forum for some face brush advice. I’m looking for a brush to use in the shower for facial cleansing and facial scrubs. I’ve found this to be better than using my hands and fingers.
Ive just been trying it with an uber cheap ($3CDN) Wilkinson shave brush (can’t even determine if it’s boar or badger). I used it twice and it splayed out flat as a pancake with a big glue bump in the middle. It’s the brush, not the product. It would have done the same thing using the finest shave soap.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced brush that would serve me in applying exfoliating scrubs and facial cleansers. Just something that’s gentle, but with a bit of backbone so it doesn’t pancake on my face. I figured a shaving brush of some kind would suit best...maybe there’s other options. Synthetic, badger, boar...doesn’t matter as long as it suits. Nothing extravagant like a Simpsons Silvertip. This brush will live in the shower.

Thanks. I don’t think I want to go in the battery operated tech route. Just something to give me a nice even cleanser application. I’d keep it hung just outside the shower to dry. Thats why I’m thinking synthetic, though it doesn’t matter. I just want to evenly scrub my face.

Thanks. I found what i was looking for at Fendrihan.

Iris Hantverk Cleansing Facial Brush, Oak Wood and Horse Hair
ECA945A8-03CD-4A97-9C15-C3D75CAE5EBE.jpeg

I switched a few months ago to using two new products in my shower. These are very very inexpensive and do a great job. One of them is even fantastic when shampooing your hair if it’s not longer that 2-3 inches.

this first one is a great face scrubber. Two fingers behind it and possibly your thumb on the bottom edge. It even has a little suction cup to stick it on the glass door or shampoo bottle in the shower.
06F71A6D-298D-473E-88AC-BB349D37A185.jpeg

This one is a full on mit. I use bar soap body wash and even shampoo with this. Gentle, soft and exfoliates nicely.
FD6669C8-ED02-4E21-A874-2515592719D7.jpeg

Bought 4 packs of both these type products and spent less than $15

I saw a bunch of those on Amazon when I was searching but I didnt know how silicone would do. The cheap badger brush I used for a couple days did a real good job. I could feel my skin glowing. I use facial exfoliating cleansers. The kind that have grit like volcanic clay or crushed walnut shells. I wasn’t share how silicone would handle that. A brush works great.
As to scrubbing my hair with them...my hair is down to my waist so that’s not an option.

I saw a bunch of those on Amazon when I was searching but I didnt know how silicone would do. The cheap badger brush I used for a couple days did a real good job. I could feel my skin glowing. I use facial exfoliating cleansers. The kind that have grit like volcanic clay or crushed walnut shells. I wasn’t share how silicone would handle that. A brush works great.
As to scrubbing my hair with them...my hair is down to my waist so that’s not an option.
These are pretty good. Worst case if you don’t like them for personal hygiene use, could be excellent for dishes...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I do not use a brush in the shower to clean my face, I do exfoliate my face above the sink and use a dedicated brush for this part of my shave. I'm sure it would work well in the shower. I find with a brush it is amazing how little soap it takes to make a great lather. I use a synthetic brush because there are clear advantages to letting it dry out for the next day use and it just lasts & easy to clean. The brush I use is a Yaqi 24mm Cashmeere knot and find it just right on my face and the soap is CeraVe hand bar cleanser and find it is a great soap with excellent cleaning properties and not harsh on the skin and excellent to preventing dry eye problems IMO.
CeraVe 2 (2).jpg
CeraVe 1 (2).jpg
CeraVe 3 (2).jpg

Excellent pre- shave prep for the shave and have been using it for last 7-8 months.

Plus a brush distributes cleansers and scrubs evenly and gently. You should be gentle with the scrubs, but guys being guys will go for maximum power sanding mode. Using finger tips cannot get that perfectly even présure and swirl.

I've been using a face scrub daily in he shower for over 40 years... never even thought about using a brush... hands only. if you are using a scrub then a brush is at best redundant.. likely less and it wont work the scrub into your skin as well. also, I've never seen a scrub recommend a brush

Actually it works the scrub better than your hands can do it. Very even application of particles and pressure. My face feels like its more thoroughly cleansed and exfoliated since I started using a brush instead of hands and fingers.
There must be a reason why there are hundreds and hundreds of facial scrub applicators on Amazon. Women seem to know more about this than men.

Many years ago I worked as a welder/fabricator. My face was always covered in metal dust, grinding dust and carbon plaque from welding. I would wash my face everyday but still never could get everything out of the pores. I would sweat while I slept and the stuff would come out on the pillowcases. I ruined several and my wife was not happy. I decided to start using the same facial scrub she used that had gritty, crushed walnut shells in it with a scrubber. This solved my problem and I stopped ruining pillowcases. The guys laughed at me when I told them but my skin looked better than theirs and I didn't have rust stains on the collars of my dress shirts anymore. A brush definitely works better than fingers.

If anyone that uses a brush is following this thread, please post to let us know what kind of brush you use.

I keep meaning to try a synth shaving brush in the shower when I use my face wash (typically, CerVe salicylic acid exfoliating face wash) as recommended by @Ron R in several posts I've seen over the past month or so. Sounds like a terrific idea to me. I've got a 30mm Synbad knot set in a Shavemac 173 handle that lately I am finding a bit too floppy for shave soap lathering and it might have a new use.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
This looks to be the forum for some face brush advice. I’m looking for a brush to use in the shower for facial cleansing and facial scrubs. I’ve found this to be better than using my hands and fingers.
Ive just been trying it with an uber cheap ($3CDN) Wilkinson shave brush (can’t even determine if it’s boar or badger). I used it twice and it splayed out flat as a pancake with a big glue bump in the middle. It’s the brush, not the product. It would have done the same thing using the finest shave soap.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced brush that would serve me in applying exfoliating scrubs and facial cleansers. Just something that’s gentle, but with a bit of backbone so it doesn’t pancake on my face. I figured a shaving brush of some kind would suit best...maybe there’s other options. Synthetic, badger, boar...doesn’t matter as long as it suits. Nothing extravagant like a Simpsons Silvertip. This brush will live in the shower.
I would seriously suggest a VAN DER HAGEN shave brush from the drug store or Walmart.

I got this Iris Hantverk horsehair face brush today. It’s really nice. I haven’t used it yet but just testing it agains my skin tells me it’s exactly what I was looking for. Very soft tips with some spine. Not stiff, but not floppy. It should provide a nice gentle even scrub.
D662413C-AD98-47C4-89A0-2767672FF398.jpeg

I got this Iris Hantverk horsehair face brush today. It’s really nice. I haven’t used it yet but just testing it agains my skin tells me it’s exactly what I was looking for. Very soft tips with some spine. Not stiff, but not floppy. It should provide a nice gentle even scrub.
View attachment 1099070

How is this working out for you? I hadn’t considered a brush until swing this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is this working out for you? I hadn’t considered a brush until swing this thread.
I love it. I’ve been using it for facial scrubs and my skin feels so smooth afterwards it’s amazing. I feel like I’m glowing when I come out of the shower. I load the scrub onto the wet bristles and just go over my face in gentle circular motions and it scrubs your face so evenly as to massage your skin. The bristles feel nice and invigorating too. I’ve been using small circular motions which was good, but today I tried really large circular motions and it felt even better. I really think a brush is the best way for facial scrubs to be applied.

I love it. I’ve been using it for facial scrubs and my skin feels so smooth afterwards it’s amazing. I feel like I’m glowing when I come out of the shower. I load the scrub onto the wet bristles and just go over my face in gentle circular motions and it scrubs your face so evenly as to massage your skin. The bristles feel nice and invigorating too. I’ve been using small circular motions which was good, but today I tried really large circular motions and it felt even better. I really think a brush is the best way for facial scrubs to be applied.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I’ll pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom