What's new

brush experts input needed on some questions.

Q1: how is knot size measured? is it diameter? circumference? something else?
Q2: wasn't there a thread here or somewhere with pics, and an explanation about the new saville row silvertip brushes numbering system, and I think it had prices.

I currently use a saint charles shave badger brush that sue sold several months ago.
Does anyone know the size of it so I can use it to compare?
I'd like something a little bigger, and i don't like the handle, its hard to hold. I have a AOS brush which I think sucks but it's handle is easy to hold.

I'm leaning towards a shavemac, the new B&B brush, or a saville row.

thanks everyone!:tongue_sm

setherd said:
Q1: how is knot size measured? is it diameter? circumference? something else?
Q2: wasn't there a thread here or somewhere with pics, and an explanation about the new saville row silvertip brushes numbering system, and I think it had prices.

I currently use a saint charles shave badger brush that sue sold several months ago.
Does anyone know the size of it so I can use it to compare?
I'd like something a little bigger, and i don't like the handle, its hard to hold. I have a AOS brush which I think sucks but it's handle is easy to hold.

I'm leaning towards a shavemac, the new B&B brush, or a saville row.

thanks everyone!:tongue_sm
Greetings Seth,

Both the small and large SCS brushes had a 22mm knot according to my caliper.

It is diameter.

Before the Simpsons Sycophants (tm) jump in, I will suggest a Savile Row.The B&B brush is an unknown, Shavemac has recently priced themselves to be less competitive, and the SRs are pure luxury. My favorite brushes, hands-down.

Scotto said:
It is diameter.

Before the Simpsons Sycophants (tm) jump in, I will suggest a Savile Row.The B&B brush is an unknown, Shavemac has recently priced themselves to be less competitive, and the SRs are pure luxury. My favorite brushes, hands-down.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

The Simpson's PJ line is excellent but not for everyone. Shavemac and Savile Row are also VERY good brushes at a good value. If you prefer a wider variety of handle choices, check into the Shavemac's.

For value for money the Kent Brushes range take some beating, I'm about to buy a BK12 to complete my BK line-up. Remember that Kent are offering us 20% discount with the code GBK1777 entered at the checkout.

Thanks for the reminder about the Kent discount - good brushes for the price.

Also, don't forget that Muehle sells a pretty decent brushe as well and have some pretty good brushes (handmade finest) on sale for about $22 (yes shipping is expensive, but if you're ordering more than a brush, it may be worthwhile.

Jonnybc said:
For value for money the Kent Brushes range take some beating, I'm about to buy a BK12 to complete my BK line-up. Remember that Kent are offering us 20% discount with the code GBK1777 entered at the checkout.

I've ordered it, it's a lot of brush for £86.40. I've been holding off til we caught sight of the B&B brush, as things aren't looking good there I felt the urge for a new one!

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm going to go for a 22-24mm knot, i'd like a larger handle and I'd like the shafts to be stiffer but I like the softness of the tips.
SHould I NOT go with silvertip then? maybe a high end pure bristle?

Top Bottom