What's new

Brush collections - I'll show you mine, you show me yours

In another thread, ZigZiglar asked about seeing brush collections. I thought I would start a thread where we could all post photos of our collections. I'll start with my 13 (currently) brushes. From left to right:
  • Custom turned by Jim Roe of North Carolina from the cap from a 16oz bottle of vintage English Leather, numbered JR 264.
  • Another custom turned by Jim Roe, numbered JR 133.
  • Another custom turned by Jim Roe from a real Louisville Slugger, then the baseball embellishment by Jim Joseph, also of N.C. Numbered JR 244.
  • Made Rite #150 with nylon bristles. Bought as NOS and put into service.
  • Rubberset 49-2. The barber pole motif was my first and only attempt at customizing a vintage brush that was otherwise in bad shape. It turned out ok.
  • Rubberset 200-3.
  • RazoRock 400. Would love to have a vintage Rubberset 400,but I don't want to pay the going rate (yet).
  • Ever Ready C40.
  • Ever Ready 300E.
  • Ever Ready 807.
  • Rubberset - No number
  • Ever Ready 150.
  • Surrey ivory.

Do you use a random generator to pick the brush of the day? LOL

Great question! My wife thinks I'm a bit over the deep end on the shave brush stuff. I have them stored in an old rotating rubber stamp holder (below). BTW, I put rubber hose material over the arms so the brushes don't get scratched. I then rotate the top level one a day, and then shift to the bottom level and rotate that one a day. Then it's "wash, rinse, repeat". If I lose track, I've got my shaves recorded on the Shaving Buddy app on my phone, so I can figure out where I left off. Yeah, maybe a bit off the deep end. :001_rolle

I'll start with my 13 (current) brushes.
That's a nice start. :thumbup1: But this little guy:
upload_2018-4-4_6-54-7.png

is MILES ahead of you. You have a long way to catch up!

I believe our esteemed member @jar_ may actually have caught up with the white rabbit! :w00t:

Great question! My wife thinks I'm a bit over the deep end on the shave brush stuff. I have them stored in an old rotating rubber stamp holder (below). BTW, I put rubber hose material over the arms so the brushes don't get scratched. I then rotate the top level one a day, and then shift to the bottom level and rotate that one a day. Then it's "wash, rinse, repeat". If I lose track, I've got my shaves recorded on the Shaving Buddy app on my phone, so I can figure out where I left off. Yeah, maybe a bit off the deep end. :001_rolle

I think it's genius!

iPhone(IOS) or Android? What is the name of the app?

iPhone(IOS) or Android? What is the name of the app?

The app is called Shaving Buddy. I'm using it on an Android, but it's probably available for an iPhone as well. In the Google Play Store, it says it was developed by RTS AppDevelopment.

Thank you man. I am so sorry, I ment the inverse way. :( My. Mistake. 5th from the left and the first on the right.

No worries.

5th from left is a Muhle Badger that I got in a set years ago. Don’t remember the model. (The brush to the right of it with the gears in the handle is a Turtleship Machine Badger)

1st on the right is a TurnNShave 25mm angel knot.

Cheers.

Top Bottom