What's new

BRUSH CALL

I got to ask. Is Simpsons synthetic good? I'm a badger brush kind of guy but that Chubby synthetic is really interesting looking. Looks the least synthetic.

I've only used the Simpson once but I really like it a lot. I have 13 other synthetics besides the Simpson and the Vie-Long. Both new ones, while extremely soft, feel different than the others and have much more backbone (but not as much as a badger). Most of my brushes are badgers and I think these two synthetics come close to the badger feel. They lather well and have top quality performance. I really like using them both and know that they will be permanent rotation members.

Good luck with the new brush additions. I think my m&f was sent in the same shipment as yours.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Which one did you get? Actually I was quite surprised that I got it as soon as I did. I paced the order at the beginning of February.

Thanks. Which one did you get? Actually I was quite surprised that I got it as soon as I did. I paced the order at the beginning of February.
I did a 30mm Polo in finest. Handle was a moonjava candystripe. I forgot which know I ordered andnposted blonde in my sotd, but it is a finest in a fan knot. I know the Polo is more a bowl lather shape bit it worked out very nicely to face lather with. I ordered sometime in January. Well with the wait.

I'll get a few uses in and post a review.

I did a 30mm Polo in finest. Handle was a moonjava candystripe. I forgot which know I ordered andnposted blonde in my sotd, but it is a finest in a fan knot. I know the Polo is more a bowl lather shape bit it worked out very nicely to face lather with. I ordered sometime in January. Well with the wait.

I'll get a few uses in and post a review.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

....I have 13 other synthetics besides the Simpson and the Vie-Long.....Most of my brushes are badgers.....
Good Lord Ron, how many brushes do you have if you have 15 synthetics, but most of your brushes are badger:001_tongu

Wonderful looking acquisitions by the way...I have really been tempted by the Chubby 2 synthetic lately. I really like my C2 in best. Do you have a Chubby in badger, and if so, how does the synthetic compre?

Good Lord Ron, how many brushes do you have if you have 15 synthetics, but most of your brushes are badger:001_tongu

Wonderful looking acquisitions by the way...I have really been tempted by the Chubby 2 synthetic lately. I really like my C2 in best. Do you have a Chubby in badger, and if so, how does the synthetic compre?

At last count 69. I have another on the way, two in the works on a couple of FB groups and I'm on the Wolf Whiskers List for my fourth WW. One of these days I'll have to prune some of the unused ones (but most have been used at least once).

I have a Chubby 1 in best but haven't used it. My wife wants me to sell it. I think I'll add it to the rotation since I do want to know what a Chubby best is like.

Top Bottom