What's new

Brush advice

gentlemen,

I am looking for some advice on a larger size brush of good quality, nice hair density , and heft.

Marty

kyle,

I have an Omega boar and one of the smaller savile row silvertips. i like them both(especially the size of the omega) and the way the silvertip works with my soaps.

marty

kyle,

tyx for all the wondeful info. now, if i buy the vulfix 41 and pick up another brush, will that mean i am suffering from BAD?

Marty

htownmmm said:
now, if i buy the vulfix 41 and pick up another brush, will that mean i am suffering from BAD?
Of course it does! But who cares as long as you're enjoying it. :smile:

Ron,

That was the mother of all reviews! man, that brush was just too sweet to look at- all I can say is whoa,momma-where's my credit card? And where do I purchase the monster?

Marty

htownmmm said:
Ron,

That was the mother of all reviews! man, that brush was just too sweet to look at- all I can say is whoa,momma-where's my credit card? And where do I purchase the monster?

Marty
Marty I purchased it from QED. There are some additional handle styles and sizes here. As a quick intro, the hilt styles are the two high-order digits of the brush number, i.e. 31XX, 32XX, 33XX, 37XX, and 38XX. The second two digits, the XX's above, are the knot size, i.e. a 3128 is a 31 style hilt with a 28mm knot. Good luck and enjoy.

Kyle,

Was that Tweezerman worth buying? My budget is pretty limited right now, so I can't really buy a great brush just yet. Do you think I should go for the Tweezerman, or wait a few weeks and get something nicer? As I am just starting out, I probably will not buy anything more than $35 whatever I do.

Thanks.

Jordan

The Tweezerman was good for me, but I have read several accounts of bad experiences where this brush fell apart after a month of use. Either way, it is only $10 and provided the one you buy holds up, it should give you a good enough performance to determine whether or not wet shaving is for you.

Having said this, if I was starting all over again with the knowledge that I have now, I would look very closely at the Savile Row brushes sold at QED. They range in price from $28-$82, and I don't know that I've ever read a bad review on these brushes. Additionally, Charles (the owner) welcomes phone calls from potential customers and can most likely help you pick out a brush that truly fits your needs and your budget.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom