What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

ov.jpg

Omega 11126 and 80265.

The 11126 I wanted to buy for almost 2 years. But kept postponing. And then 2 weeks ago it was no longer available at the store. So I quickly found a decent price at another vendor and ordered. You have to admit it looks very nice. 55mm. The handle is ovangkol tree, which is only found in Africa. Turns out they are making guitars out of its wood. You learn something new every day.

The 80265 reminds me of the discontinued 11574. Good backbone and a little scratchy. Very suitable for lifting hard soaps. For me it would be very interesting to compare it against the 80266 which will probably be here next week. My guess is they are different, but who knows.

View attachment 1282823View attachment 1282824View attachment 1282825View attachment 1282826View attachment 1282827
Second hand but new to me Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger. Bought it off eBay, lightly used and currently having a spa before use. The dearest shaving brush that I have ever purchased and it wasn’t even brand new. What is going on with me!!!!
Using @Tanuki 's terminology I'd like to ask: Are you becoming one of the brush plutocrats? :302:
What happened to the good old 10077?

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
13564-.jpg

Omega 13564.
This is a little beast. No wonder it is only available in black. :302: 48mm knot. But it has very little in common with the similarly handled 10075 and 10275. Very dark bristles, so obviously unbleached. Very strong backbone, and quite scratchy. Reminds me a bit of the 10029. I might not like it, but we'll see. Someone here complained about it being very scratchy even after many many shaves.

My latest Omega brush acquisitions include the 10066 (left) and 10275 (right)...

20210624.jpg

I received the 10066 as part of a trade last week and haven't used it yet but I'm looking forward to the day I take it for a spin; I intend to save it for a future B&B challenge, but we'll see if I can resist the temptation. The 10275 arrived today.

The interesting thing about the 10275 is I didn't order it and I don't recognize the name or address of the sender on the package. The shipping envelope was open when I received it and the only contents were the brush and two pieces of cardboard to protect it. If there was a note sent with the brush, I never saw it. If there was cash, I didn't receive it.

If the sender is a member of B&B and is reading this post, please send me a PM so I can thank you properly.

This absolute beauty is on the way to me from Andrew at Viking (these are his pics). I wanted Halloween colors, with an Autumn bonfire feel, and he knocked it out of the park! It's hard to describe a custom thing that you want to another person, but he certainly took my request and nailed it. I also picked a shape he had done, and added a few tweaks. His super soft tuxedo knots are my absolute favorite as well, I am extremely happy!
viking1.jpg
viking2.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This absolute beauty is on the way to me from Andrew at Viking (these are his pics). I wanted Halloween colors, with an Autumn bonfire feel, and he knocked it out of the park! It's hard to describe a custom thing that you want to another person, but he certainly took my request and nailed it. I also picked a shape he had done, and added a few tweaks. His super soft tuxedo knots are my absolute favorite as well, I am extremely happy!
View attachment 1287111View attachment 1287112
Gorgeous

Top Bottom