What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

First of the 11.11. haul - Yaqi Rainbow Pony 🌈
93B68183-BA5D-43E2-B92B-AC42D7A16083.jpeg

2 Yaqis with almost incredibly high glue bumps.
View attachment 1183902

View attachment 1183903

Considering the brush has a loft of 52mm and has a glue bump of around 15mm, it leaves a remaining loft of around 37mm.

I'm not very pleased with the purchase....
Have you tried the brushes, yet? Just curious how they feel on your face.

Having said that, 15mm sounds excessive. Maybe a complaint to Yaqi will net you a refund or, at least, a discount on a future purchase.

Personally, I haven't had too many issues with big glue bumps on my Yaqi brushes. One of my older Yaqi Tuxedo brushes has an 11mm glue bump, but it has a tall loft (60mm), so the effective loft (or "free loft") is still reasonable (49mm).

However, all of my newer Yaqis have small glue bumps. My latest acquisition (a Sagrada Familia 24mm Fan-shaped Tuxedo) has a glue bump that's only 3.56mm high. The total loft is 46.88mm, so the effective loft is 43.32mm:

proxy.php

Anyway, send Yaqi an e-mail and see what they say. Maybe you'll get your money back.

Have you tried the brushes, yet? Just curious how they feel on your face.

Having said that, 15mm sounds excessive. Maybe a complaint to Yaqi will net you a refund or, at least, a discount on a future purchase.

Personally, I haven't had too many issues with big glue bumps on my Yaqi brushes. One of my older Yaqi Tuxedo brushes has an 11mm glue bump, but it has a tall loft (60mm), so the effective loft (or "free loft") is still reasonable (49mm).

However, all of my newer Yaqis have small glue bumps. My latest acquisition (a Sagrada Familia 24mm Fan-shaped Tuxedo) has a glue bump that's only 3.56mm high. The total loft is 46.88mm, so the effective loft is 43.32mm:

Anyway, send Yaqi an e-mail and see what they say. Maybe you'll get your money back.

I sent them a message and they said they would send replacements from China (my brushes were sent from Spain)

I bought another Yaqi Tuxedo a while back, which also had a huge glue bump and they sent a replacement for that which was a good brush. This time around, I was stunned at how both brushes I received had 15mm glue bumps with 50mm lofts, effective lofts of 35mm! Of course if one brush slips through QC it's not too bad, but for 2 brushes to get through it's quite frustrating!

I sent them a message and they said they would send replacements from China (my brushes were sent from Spain)

I bought another Yaqi Tuxedo a while back, which also had a huge glue bump and they sent a replacement for that which was a good brush. This time around, I was stunned at how both brushes I received had 15mm glue bumps with 50mm lofts, effective lofts of 35mm! Of course if one brush slips through QC it's not too bad, but for 2 brushes to get through it's quite frustrating!
Have you only experienced this with their Synths or with badgers as well? I have a 22mm 2band Sagrada Familia on order...

I am more or less out of the hobby outside of nostalgia (i wear a very comfortable scruff almost year-round now) but I have continued to hunt down exotic Rooneys from time to time. I'm not sure if I posted the psychedelic one before but I got that last year. I got the coral recently and it is a little special for me. One of my first posts (only 53 days after joining!) on B&B was about some "Rooney Beauties" that I was very excited about. The photos are long dead but I remember the faux tortoise and the coral handles and that's a large part of why I still search for odd Rooneys here and there. I was still a teenager back then... time flies, huh?

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
I am more or less out of the hobby outside of nostalgia (i wear a very comfortable scruff almost year-round now) but I have continued to hunt down exotic Rooneys from time to time. I'm not sure if I posted the psychedelic one before but I got that last year. I got the coral recently and it is a little special for me. One of my first posts (only 53 days after joining!) on B&B was about some "Rooney Beauties" that I was very excited about. The photos are long dead but I remember the faux tortoise and the coral handles and that's a large part of why I still search for odd Rooneys here and there. I was still a teenager back then... time flies, huh?

Them some Beauty’s there.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

I also had a brush come apart in my hands this week. I was kind of glad, 'cause I like the handle but not the badger knot. I took apart an Omega Pro 49 and put the boar in the handle. View attachment 1187196

Thanks for posting your new brush in a moment of creation!

Omegas are my favorite knots among the numerous new boar brushes I've acquired. I need to start looking at Omegas as knot sources for brush projects.

Top Bottom